Creeper World (Full Screen)

Started by cw, November 19, 2010, 12:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cw

I just downloaded the demo. What a great game!

One question: can I run Creeper World in full screen without black bars on either side of the playing area? My native resolution is 1920x1080 (16:9).

Thanks  :)

UpperKEES

Nope, I'm afraid not (unless you find a way/driver to stretch the screen, which will look awful). The one and only screen resolution for this game is 700 x 525, so 4:3.

Now buy it! I'm sure you'll love it for those few bucks. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

cw

Ah well, that is not a huge deal, I suppose. Thank you much for the response  8)

Grauniad

I believe that you should avoid playing in full-screen mode, since there is an issue with Adobe AIR in that mode. You can enlarge the window from the initial game size, but just don't go full-screen.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Maybe it's a bit slower, but I never experienced any problems with it. I have been playing full screen for 10 months now and never even considered playing in windowed mode (except when playing 'Bored to Death'), although it probably depends on the speed of your computer.

PS: my default resolution is also 1920x1080.

Colin

I usually have the window expanded to about 1/2 my screen, so it doesn't lag too much.
Of course, I could play in full screen, I just like listening to itunes while I'm playing.  ;D
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

UpperKEES

I listen to music as well during playing, but my WinAmp playlist takes care of that. ;)

When I have my game maximized I play better for 2 reasons:
- Every mouse click is more accurate.
- When the game runs a tiny bit slower I have more time to react and save energy (although I still pause a lot).