Spore Attack info in game

Started by Capn Trey, March 25, 2010, 10:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Trey

I'm sure like a lot of you I have creepmap editor open when I'm playing a difficult level to know what coming next.

Basically I think this info could be provided in game since its not really a "secret" now anyway, there is just a barrier to the lazy.

I have 2 suggestions that could be used alone or together:
1) Spore Radar: The red spore attack box could flash just one edge of its box to indicate the general direction the spores will be coming from.
2) Spore Info: Clicking on the spore attack box will open a menu (not unlike how the mission time box does) that pauses the game and shows the waves' information including direction, number and/or intensity.

As always, love the game and keep up the good work!

UpperKEES

Yes, that would be better. I suggested something similar here.

Regarding more secrets that are not really secret (because of the map editor): it would be nice when you click an emitter, the interval and intensity are shown at the bottom, where all info of a selected item is displayed. Also, when you select a unit it could display the exact % health, % build and % ammo. This would be especially interesting for units flying in the air, as their health and ammo bars are not shown.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Capn Trey

I'm with you. I'd love emitter info in game.

The smoking revolver

I am with this too, it would be great if we could know this stuff exactly
Maybe we could know how much power  a structure is useing to
There is always a I in team

Twi

You can't open map editor on other people's maps...
...can you?
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

The smoking revolver

this has nothing to do with the subject :P...
There is always a I in team

Karsten75

Quote from: Twi on March 25, 2010, 08:41:20 PM
You can't open map editor on other people's maps...
...can you?

Of course you can, but if you change anything, it will be a different map. SO you can open it to look at the game mechanics, but you cannot open it to change it to make it easier or harder and then still retain the same map identifier for score keeping.

Twi

That's not what I wanted to do.
Anyways, I was thinking that looking at the info would take away all the good surprises in it.
I like some surprises.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Capn Trey

Surprises are good. But unless you are blocked from opening another persons maps there is no real surprises.

I'd actually be in favor of blocking people from opening other users maps in the editor as well if we can't get the info in game.

So it would be either:
1) In Game Spore Attack and Emitter info (Since you can already get it from the editor.)
2) No In Game Infor and you can't open the editor to peek behind the curtain.

Of these two I strongly prefer option 1.