Main Menu

fans

Started by crazyone76, March 28, 2010, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyone76

idea for if there is coming a new weapon use a fan wich could blow creeper to a direction
but maybe its overpowered.
idk
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The smoking revolver

I don't think this could be a building, but maybe built in to a map, and the fan could have a power supply that you can destroy to turn it off.
It could direct creep to weak points
There is always a I in team

Sqaz

I agree, pre-placed fans would enable the map editor to direct the creeper a bit without having to change the terrain to much.

Twi

What the last two posters said.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

Blaze

The smoking revolver

We need to know if this is plausible(personally i think this is a good idea, You could direct creep without changing the map to much)
Virgel?...

The Creep Destroyer

Sounds like a good idea, but i think you should *Connect* to it like normal buildings to change its settings.
Heres a question, should it need power to turn on, and how does it get it, from a reactor right next to it?
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

Blaze

Quote from: The Creep Destroyer on March 30, 2010, 10:09:02 PM
Sounds like a good idea, but i think you should *Connect* to it like normal buildings to change its settings.
Heres a question, should it need power to turn on, and how does it get it, from a reactor right next to it?

An "Outlet"? idk make it like a collector. Use fractal space energy or whatever-it's-called-can't-think-of-the-exact-words-thinga-ma-jig.

mothwentbad

Probably not that overpowered. It depends on the physics you use. If creep has mass and momentum, then it can only push back so much for so long before it's overwhelmed... and unlike blasters, they don't even destroy it. But if they push more creep than a blaster can destroy, then it might pair up really well with a mortar. They could also buy you a little time, I guess, but it all creeps around back to you eventually if you don't blast it.

The smoking revolver

The idea is, There is a fan on the map, and it pushes the creep.
You don't build the fan, it has a battery/reactor next to it that you can destroy to turn it off

crazyone76

i have a few suggestions

1: it only has a limited power source wich could be turned off and on
and is destroyed when its out of power
2: it is only functionel when you have no deficit
3: it can be turned onn or off

i like to see 2 cause that will have some great inspiration for the map editor
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sqaz

Wait why would you want fans, they are earlier a weapon for the creeper as it makes creeper thicker and doesn't destroy it.

As weapon of creeper it would be very usefull for map makers.

UpperKEES

Hmmm, I think I like the idea. A unit that doesn't kill the Creeper, but only moves it. Of course when the creeper gets thicker, it's getting thinner somewhere else. I like my Creeper thick close to my mortars and thin close to my blasters.... Hmmmmm!

And indeed, as a map maker I would love it as well!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

mothwentbad

I agree that a fan could be not pointless as long as it pushes more per unit energy than a blaster would be able to destroy.

If you have mortars, great. If not, then a fan could still buy you a little time, but what goes back, creeps around, to change the expression a little. It would be kind of like a having a leaky crazonium wall, I would think.