Weapon selection

Started by UpperKEES, February 01, 2010, 11:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

I have only 1 minor improvement I would recommend, as the game is perfect for me and offers everything I can ask for.

It might however be convenient when I was able to select a weapon without clicking/pressing 'Cancel' to deselect the current one. When I select a weapon on the map (that has already been built), the program goes into 'move'-mode. I can Activate/Deactivate and/or Arm/Disarm it in the menu and when I click on the map, it will move the weapon to the new location.

BUT,

1. When I move first (and forget to Activate or Arm), I have to select it again (while it's in mid air if I have not paused the game). So 'Cancel' has been pressed for me in a case I don't want it.

2. When I would like to select another weapon, I have to press 'Cancel' first, while it would be convenient if this other weapon gets selected (as the previous weapon can not move to this particular location anyway, because it's occupied).

The two points above also seem to contradict a little, regarding the use of the Cancel-button. Besides this a multiple selection (i.e. with Ctrl-key) would be nice to -for instance- arm 4 blasters at the same time.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

well the 2nd one is solved by having right click as deselecting, if you complain about that i'd have to pin a lazy tag on you along with most of the other people here lol, as for the 1st one, learn to activate and then fly away in the same second and your problem's solved :P

UpperKEES

Ah, right clicking = deselecting? Didn't know that, thanks!

Still I think my suggestions would be (tiny) improvements. Not because I'm lazy, but because every second counts and more important: every mistake can be fatal and force you to restart the level after maybe 20 minutes of work. (When you drop a bunch of weapons into the creeper, you can't always see if they are armed/activated because of the mist, so you find out when you hear them explode. :P)

SPIFFEN

If understand correctly , you want towers to be set as tower 1 and so on ,
the F1 , F2 and so on buttons could be used for this i guess .
I also have trubbel with the mist ,
so it might be better if we could see our towers better .
But i dont think we need the nr set for towers for this game =/
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

I don't exactly understand what you mean with 'setting towers to numbers'. I thought it would be convenient to be able to select another weapon, regardless if you are still in move mode of another weapon. But I have to say that I just tried right mouse clicking and have to admit that this works fine for me as well. :)

Edit: typo

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on February 02, 2010, 10:03:21 AM
If understand correctly , you want towers to be set as tower 1 and so on ,
the F1 , F2 and so on buttons could be used for this i guess .
I also have trubbel with the mist ,
so it might be better if we could see our towers better .
But i dont think we need the nr set for towers for this game =/

You do know you can turn off the mist in the game options, right?