Main Menu

cw2 suggestion

Started by wessew, July 21, 2010, 12:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wessew

i have a suggestion for cw2

maybe for the advanced players and for advanced maps or even just for custom maps

possibly having invisible emitters or emiters that you can have turn off during gameplay

another suggestion may be to have a count down timer where you only get a certain amount of time and like i said it may only be for custom and/or harder maps

thoughts?
Fish all day sleep all night

Fisherck

Shouldn't this be in suggestions?

EDIT: It has moved.
Having emitters that could turn on and off would make making maps harder. You would need to make a map work both easy and hard. And that is why each map has a difficulty level on it anyways.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Yeah, I've suggested something similar here.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

wessew

what you had suggested wasnt what i meant was you could have one emitter on one side of a flat ground map and thats all you see but on the other side there would be an invisible emitter that you wouldnt see

UpperKEES

I referred to this part:

Quote from: wessew on July 21, 2010, 12:40:53 PM
or emiters that you can have turn off during gameplay

You can only make emitters invisible by stacking another emitter (or object, like a artifact) on top of it. Never forget however that anybody can open your map in the map editor (I always do).

wessew

how bout walls does that hide it

thats cheating  and takes the fun out of things come on

Karsten75

Quote from: wessew on July 21, 2010, 02:56:03 PM
how bout walls does that hide it

thats cheating  and takes the fun out of things come on

You should really think about what you say before you start slinging words like "cheating" around. Many of us are proud to be honest. That does not mean that we do not use what we have available to use.  For instance, spore waves. Why spend countless hours playing a map just to figure out what directions and intensity each spore wave will be if you can simply open the map editor and look at it?

Anyone that thinks it is "fun" to get wiped out after 30 minutes just because the author chose to suddenly send 60 spores from the side nearest Odin City needs his head examined. All that happens is one has to start over again - that is no fun.

Similarly, I'm going to open maps and look to see how strong the emitters are. If they are 1,000 intensity emitters, I will have a different strategy that if they are 10 emitters - and why wait for the emitter to erupt before I determine this?

UpperKEES

Thanks Karsten. This is the first time I've been called a cheater because I opened the map editor. ;D

And walls also don't hide emitters. You can find all this information on the forums, so I suggest you use the (advanced) search function more often before posting.

wessew

if i can find the advanced ill use it havent seen it yet but no i dont really mean cheaterbut it does help you get a higher score which should be noted if you did look so all im saying is that it takes the fun out of a map because more often than not there aren't going to be any situations like you described or at least none of my maps will ever be take my word for it

UpperKEES

Quote from: wessew on July 21, 2010, 04:00:57 PM
if i can find the advanced ill use it havent seen it yet

Why do you think I provided a link (see above)? You can also click the magnifying glass next to the search box.

wessew

i always use a search and if i dont find exactly what im looking for than i post now i guess that this may help

SPIFFEN

An new type of walls that can be build on , that last longer that normal walls .

So they can be used as terrain eroding ,
and can be selected to be build in different hights . ( like terrain )

And they erode depending on where the creepers attack from .
( suddenly you can have some build place )

The wall hight can be placed on terrain hight ,
but might only be possibel to build an hight that is'nt over the max terrain hight .
( Exmp. lvl 3 terrain can have an lvl 2 wall )

If someone thinks that this is an good idea , they can try to figureout an good way to make this work .
If someone understand my idea =P ,
and i must add that i havent been bother to read all ideas out there ,
but i dont think this is =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Twi

Hmmm...
Could be useful. But what happens if it erodes away with a unit on it?
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

SPIFFEN

Then it drops 1 lvl down or get destroyd , whatever works best to make it work =P

So if this an good idea , we need to find an way to make it work =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links