Custom Map #1408: FPS: Pine Gap. By: Heritor

Started by AutoPost, April 25, 2021, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redneck

Was fun to go solo warrior across the creep and reach the rift, too bad there are so much places to get stuck.   If respawn could let you pick a place you alredy conquered or have AC on it would be better, got stuck rigth when i got to the rift and had a rage quit.  came back and enjoyed but if it is possible to make the respawn not always square one it would be much more fun, specially when you got to cross the map like that.   

appart from that issue the map is a solid 9/10, looking up for more  ;D

Vyce223

Yeah like a few the other guys, I never could get the second half of the map to start building no matter what I did. I got there around a 30 minute mark (look I was being an idiot and didn't understand to go to the other side first) but yeah :\

helmetflakes

Despite the bugs I thought this was a good concept and enjoyed at least half of it until getting stuck like the others. I'd definitely paly again if a fixed version was  uploaded. I don't know about anyone else but I felt like I'd shrunk in this map, seemed to be closer to the ground than other FPS maps?

dwilkinson

Quote from: helmetflakes on April 26, 2021, 07:08:15 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I felt like I'd shrunk in this map, seemed to be closer to the ground than other FPS maps?
It's also like this in FPS Platform Peril by Heritor. it's more noticeable in this one as you can't see whether you are trying to climb a sheer cliff or a slope. I actually meant to comment asking why we had to be short. it makes sense in Platform peril as there are multiple layers to the map, so it would be bad to be too tall and stick your head through the ceiling. but i feel someone could use the CPACK from these maps and not realise that the player was made shorter.

Vyce223

I also agree with the being short as well. In addition please I know it's part of the map name but for the love of god no more trees in FPS maps when we can't see over them.

Mique

This is a cool concept. I've played it a couple of times now. If I do not respawn after after freeing the Rift lab, you cannot win without editing the map to kick-start the AI.  One thing I noticed is after clearing the East zone, a few weapons move from the cleared East Zone to the spawn point. I suspect these are what is messing up the AI. If you respawn before they arrive, the AI works correctly. Maybe there are too many things in the spawn point after the weapons move.

The one thing I do not like are all the traps, like the pit next to the rift lab. There are a least 3 places in the West zone where you can similarly get trapped. Very annoying.

Thanks for the concept, it is a fun challenge.

D0m0nik

This looks like a lot of fun but is spoiled by getting stuck so easily. Custom1 does not reset my position, it just brings me out of first person mode. How do I get unstuck?

VolcanoSheep

Cool Map, I liked the concept of having to fight to the rift. Beat it in 52mins 42secs and I was fortunate I encountered no bug, had to respawn once though because I fell off the central cliff into the void. Only thing disliked was the fact I couldn't see past the trees in the centre.

Thanks for the map.

heritor

For everyone that had issues with this map, I've released a modified version with bugfixes and a workaround in-place - Map #1421.
Pro wrestler, graphic designer, video editor, programmer, cat daddy, game designer - I'm more caffeine than man.

Dextorplays

If you are having trouble...Note that Shield and Autospray allows for slow movement through deep creep.  Inch forward, wait, inch forward.  You can reach the other base and pickup all the upgrades this way.

phischphood

Enjoyed this one. Few annoying bits though: I got stuck on the terrain on at least 3 occasions and had to reset my location. Wouldn't be so bad if you started off by the base, but it takes ages to get there at the start. AI wouldn't build a nullifier by one of the emitters (I think it was one close to the start point) until the entire map was clear of creeper and everything else was built on.