Stats of a completely filled map with all buildings.

Started by Mare, September 09, 2010, 03:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mare

I was actually dumb enough to completely fill a blank map with collectors just to see how many would fit the map.

Final Stats:
Energy collection: 14
Highest Starvation: 1400 (OMG!?!?)
Collectors: 816 (That may or may not be correct, I just counted how many were in each row and followed this formula: Length x Width= Area, In this case, 34 x 24= 816 collectors)
Game Time taken: About 24 mins, Don't know exact because I never checked.
Final Score: 7085
Real time taken: A little over an hour(Once again, Not sure of exact)
If you have something to do, It is not that time consuming, However if you were bored like me then yeah, it would fell like 3 days have passed in 24 minutes......
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

UpperKEES

Quote from: Mare on September 09, 2010, 03:13:08 AM
I was actually dumb enough to completely fill a blank map with collectors just to see how many would fit the map.

Collectors: 816 (That may or may not be correct, I just counted how many were in each row and followed this formula: Length x Width= Area, In this case, 34 x 24= 816 collectors)

A CW map is 70 columns wide and 48 rows high. The first collector takes 3 blocks of your space and all others just 2. This means you can build ROUND_DOWN((70-1)/2) * ROUND_DOWN((48-1)/2) = 34 * 23 = 782 collectors (and Odin City has to be flying as it will occupy space when on the ground). This took me about 30 seconds to calculate and about 2 minutes to write down and even more important: my answer is correct. ;) Math rules!

NB: man, you must have a slow computer! 24 minutes took over an hour at double speed? This means your game runs at 20% of the normal speed! :o
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

J

If you fly OC you lose more because you need 2 positions for OC.

UpperKEES

Smart thinking! You indeed won't gain space (but you won't lose it either, because you can build where OC used to be.

Karsten75

This is the problem with people using math willy-nilly.

Math will do almost anything that you tell it to, but the answer is not necessarily correct.

As was pointed out, you have to have a space for Odin City. You also need to lost one collector in favor of a totem, since without that, OC will simply fly away as soon as the map is started. Of course, one could build that totem off-screen, but is that legit in this context?

UpperKEES

Just saying it's easier to calculate this than putting all collectors on your screen and miscount them. (Mare also didn't account for OC's space, so we compared the same thing.)

In this context everything is legit, because it's pretty useless! ;) (Mare put his totem on top of OC and disabled the green packets, so it will just stay.)

The completion time also doesn't say anything, because when you add the collectors one by one (without deficit), you'll finish a lot faster.

What I do like, is the fact that the collectors activate in a square shaped form, where I would have expected the shape of a circle. :) Those diagonals really pay off!

Karsten75

Just tried the same thing - filling  a map with as many reactors as is possible. I made a video and got a screenshot, but I'm too tired to upload them right now. If I do I'll post them in the "Pointless" thread.

Max energy on the map is just north of 220, IIRC and the max deficit was north of 6700. The first 12 minutes were excruciating, until I remembered double speed, then it was just plain boring.

UpperKEES

Hmmm, this makes me think of a nice competition (you know I love that :)). Who can fill his/her screen in the best time possible? All units allowed, just like a totem on top of OC. Post a screeny of your finished layout and the final stats screen as prove.

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 09, 2010, 01:08:23 PM
Hmmm, this makes me think of a nice competition (you know I love that :)). Who can fill his/her screen in the best time possible? All units allowed, just like a totem on top of OC. Post a screeny of your finished layout and the final stats screen as prove.

Or we can watch paint dry... :P

UpperKEES

Hey, who just filled his screen with reactors? Hahaha! :P

Karsten75

9:20 game time. But like everything else, having done it I might do it faster next time round. And I'm not (yet) posting a screenie as, with all things, some strategy involved.

Edit: App: 8:52 (8715 score).  More improvement isn't really that much IMHO.

Edit 2: 8:15 And I'm going to chew my arm off if I try again! :(

UpperKEES

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 09, 2010, 03:05:55 PM
Quote from: Karsten75 on September 09, 2010, 02:36:40 PM
some strategy involved.

There indeed is, so I prefer it above the drying paint. ;)

Strategy to drying paint is approximately the same - surface area and thickness of paint.  :)

UpperKEES

Heheh! ;D If you don't mind I won't include an emitter on my map.... ;)

UpperKEES

8:26 on my first try and I grant you the win. I built 16 speed nodes only realizing later on that this would only matter for the last 32 packets. I could probably beat your 8:15 by replacing them by collectors, but it's just too boring....

Did you also notice a huge delay after charging the totem? It took CW about 2 minutes to get to the stats screen!