Hubs

That's a great idea J! How about a color coded legend like this:

N - New map (added in the last week)
B - Beginner map
E - Expert map
L - Large map (anything over 150x150)

Then put the colored letter next to the map name like this:

#1599 - Arc Eternal Redemption - Power Supply (Part 3) BN 

How shall beginner/expert maps be determined? I could just look for comments in this thread and if I see 3+ votes to flag as beginner or export I'll update it.

Asbestos

DEVIOUS ARACHNID I and II are definitely E for the unprepared.

Hubs

New map legend has been added and maps have been labeled. For the beginner/expert labels, I set them to what I thought they were. If you think a map is a good beginner map or is insanely difficult, let me know and I'll update the rating.

stdout

I think Creeper Storm (#1497) is good for beginners because it's friendly and easy.

J

New map (by J):
#1616 - TinyPACland S

It's probably one of the harder maps, but I'll leave it to others to decide if it is hard enough for an E rating

S - Small (anything under 3000 cells)
S - Small (anything under 100x75)

Hubs

Two more maps added:

#1618 - Planet X954S2 NL by Hubs
#1626 - Nuhage N#56 N by Nuhages

Also, flagged Creeper Storm as beginner and TinyPACland as expert. Haven't played Nuhages new map, but I'm guessing that will be expert as well :)

Hubs

New map added:

#1633 - Arc Eternal Redemption - Split Decision (Part 4) N

I also finally played Nuhages 3rd map, and just like the others it's super tough, so I flagged that one as expert. I'm just going to assume all of his will be expert :)

J

3 new maps
#1636 - MicroPACland NS
#1638 - Nuhage N#57 N
#1642 - NanoPACland NS

Hubs

We've got a new PAC author: Thumbmaster! His new map has been added to the list.

Karsten75

I was thinking the wiki would allow concurrent updates by multiple authors, so I started sections there:

http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=cw3:creeper_world_3

Howver, I got tired/bored/had to go walk a dog/saw a squirrel/ and didn't complete. Guess it can stay as-is or someone with interest can take it over.

To edit the table of PAC maps, it's easiest to turn off line wrapping.

Hubs

This is a great idea, but will people think to go to the wiki for this? How do I edit that page? I don't see any options for that.

J

I'd rather keep it on the forums, if it's moved to the wiki I won't look as often as I do now. It's up to Hubs if he wants to continue here.

Hubs

I'm fine with either - whatever makes most sense. I'm on the forums almost daily and will be able to update it frequently (at least until game 4 comes out :) )

Karsten75

Quote from: Hubs on January 27, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
This is a great idea, but will people think to go to the wiki for this? How do I edit that page? I don't see any options for that.

Do you not have these buttons on the side of the wiki pages? Permissions might be askew in that case.

Main reason for suggesting the wiki is that more than one person can update the "top post" with the list.  I don't mind either way and will be more than happy to nuke the wiki pages if that gets out of sync or are not used.

I just think it's a better repository for "stuff" than forum posts.

Ditto for maps and scripts.

Asbestos

I tried to create ""What is this?", but I don't have access to the edit page.