Storage units - an idea for CW1

Started by Kamron3, April 20, 2010, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

I believe that a fully charged Storage unit should be green, as it is. A fully built one should be red, and slowly progress to being green.

Also: storage units that are fully charged may act as a second city. Meaning that if they aren't connected to the main-line of Odin City, they send packets like Odin city. But only a max of 20 per storage, of course.

This will allow more fun rescue missions that involve guns: you dont have to worry about the Creeper taking your units.

Also: storage units will not increase your energy usage, they only act as the city, but do not allow the city to take the packet as one of its own.

_k

haloguy48

Awesome Idea! Would absolutely add unique gameplay... Although I can see how this can go wrong... Are the Storage things moveable?
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

kiddo150

Quote from: haloguy48 on April 20, 2010, 04:24:15 PM
Awesome Idea! Would absolutely add unique gameplay... Although I can see how this can go wrong... Are the Storage things moveable?

They are not, just like you can set Odin City to not be moveable. :P

UpperKEES

Something similar has been suggested here. Virgil explains there why he made this choice (and what you might expect in the future, but that will be CW2).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

tommy con

I love the idea of a building that can produce packets but will only have 1/9 of the productivity as it takes 9 buildings to cover the city