Day 13: Horror, help!

Started by Michionlion, May 15, 2011, 02:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

well... i did it! almost... but it will be a standstill... such a relief!

thx for all the help guys
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

pixlepix

Just saying something: Tried slogging through the second chamber for 1 minutes before I realized I can dig through the big block.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

miedvied

I now understand why the blog said so much time was being taken in level design. these levels really are a much bigger challenge than CW1.

J

I build a repulsor to stop that bottem-left emitter (short range is enough)

cnap

i have tried every possible combination to get past 13........pulling my hair out now!!

MadMurphy

I recorded myself playing this mission if your really stuck you can watch it and see if it helps you any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2S7ZfpYVAE&feature=channel_video_title

cnap

cnap

video helped a great deal - basically i was too soft and not nearly aggressive enough!

i can sleep now happily that i've completed it!!

MadMurphy

Someone commented on my video about using launchers on the second capsule area and that is a lot better than how i went about it. I tried it again using launchers and it cuts about 4 min off the total time.

Kamron3

CW2 is easy. L2play CW2.

Grauniad

Quote from: JohnSteel on June 06, 2011, 09:50:52 PM
Seriously, how the [profanity removed] did this level make it past playtesting? It is a massive jump in difficulty. I spent 3 hours dying at exactly 5 minutes and 3 seconds. There is challenge, which is good. And there is frustration which is bad. This is [profanity removed] frustration. Tomorrow I will give this another shot. But If I can't beat it then [profanity removed] it. I want my money back. Yeah, I am an [profanity removed]. You know what? I don't give a[profanity removed]. This is [profanity removed] game design. The game was easy up to this point. Now it jumps to impossible.

Edited for unacceptable content - G.

There is a walkthrough published. Maybe that will give you some hints.  Most players appreciate a little challenge now and then. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kamron3

You missed an s word in there, G.

UpperKEES

A few very basic guidelines:

- By now you'll probably know at what time the pods will be destroyed (or write it down), so use that knowledge to your advantage.
- First build up as much energy as possible (and maybe a shield and a few tech domes when your energy levels allow for that).
- Watch the deficit gauge; add your reactors one by one until you can build more of them simultaneously.
- Building costs about twice as much energy per second as firing your weapons, so better build some of them before you start advancing.
- Use the appropriate weapons in the right situations.
- Choose your first upgrades wisely.
- Pause the game every time you add units or move them, so you can do this carefully without wasting time.
- Be friendly, like all of us here, so people will help you out.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

Seriously, how the [profanity removed] did this level make it past playtesting? It is a massive jump in difficulty. I spent 3 hours dying at exactly 5 minutes and 3 seconds. There is challenge, which is good. And there is frustration which is bad. This is [profanity removed] frustration. Tomorrow I will give this another shot. But If I can't beat it then [profanity removed] it. I want my money back. Yeah, I am an [profanity removed]. You know what? I don't give a[profanity removed]. This is [profanity removed] game design. The game was easy up to this point. Now it jumps to impossible.

Edited for unacceptable content - G.

It's almost funny to realize what this guy (hasn't) learned in 1.5 years when you read this. ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

thepenguin

Quote from: JohnSteel on December 23, 2009, 02:59:33 PM
How do you beat the Bowl level? Quite honestly I think this level suffers from some really poor game design. The other levels were very easy to beat but this one I literally have done over 15 times so far.
We have become the creeper...