Custom Map #146: PlatformerV2. By: stewbasic

Started by AutoPost, January 25, 2014, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #146: PlatformerV2

Author: stewbasic
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Run, jump and blast your way through the creeper in this N inspired CW/platformer mix. Collect blaster, mortar, wall jump, nullifier and shield powerups, and contend with emitters, floating mines and the formidable creeper laser. See forum topic for changes since V1. Credits: Bomb script is by virgilw. Character sprite was drawn by my lovely wife. Thanks to TLMike, teknotiss, pawel345, virgilw, mzimmer74 and others for helpful feedback.

stewbasic

V1 discussion: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15151.0
V0 discussion: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14499.0 (pre colonial space)

Changes since V1:
* Running and jumping up ramps easier
* Apply horizontal friction in air
* Wall jumping powerup also allows wall hanging, even in creeper
* Minor changes to level layout
* Added a few hints
* Moved emitter count to ShowMessage box
* Increased player max HP

(and I forgot to add #CRPL again >.<. Oh well)

TLMike

Ebon Heart

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Thisisnotasmile

I'm loving the level but I can't figure out how to nullify the final emitter. The hint tells me to draw fire away from my bomb which I understand, but if I drop a bomb on the top ledge where the emitter is the emitter just kills it almost immediately. If I try to drop the bomb on the ledge below which looks like where it's supposed to go I can't actually get close enough to the emitter to drop a bomb. Help?

TLMike

Quote from: Thisisnotasmile on February 16, 2014, 12:18:48 PM
I'm loving the level but I can't figure out how to nullify the final emitter. The hint tells me to draw fire away from my bomb which I understand, but if I drop a bomb on the top ledge where the emitter is the emitter just kills it almost immediately. If I try to drop the bomb on the ledge below which looks like where it's supposed to go I can't actually get close enough to the emitter to drop a bomb. Help?

What you must do
... is stand on the top platform, near enough the emitter to nullify it, of course. You should shoot the Creeper coming off that Emitter, to make things safe for your Nullifier. Then, when the Laser is about to shoot you, you must jump in the air so that the laser shoots above the Nullifier and doesn't hit it. It also helps to have an active Shield tech on you, to help keep the Creeper clear of your Nullifier.
[close]

hbarudi

Replaying this map, how do you reach the top area where you can unlock a spot to access the other area? It is at the top of the map and I can't make a jump there to reach a green ball thing to make it red and open a spot.

Builder17

Quote from: hbarudi on December 21, 2017, 08:09:02 PM
Replaying this map, how do you reach the top area where you can unlock a spot to access the other area? It is at the top of the map and I can't make a jump there to reach a green ball thing to make it red and open a spot.

I think you are talking about upper left area of map?

Images attached. First go to green ball using wall jump. (Screenshot_3)

Go to room with other green ball and climb up wall in left. Then go that it looks similar than in image. (Screenshot_4)

First stop holding left arrow for little while so character slides down a while.

Then jump from wall you are in using up arrow and right arrow in same time.

Clear enough? :) Don't worry too much if you can't do it, everybody has their own strengths and skills.

toolforger

I can't even get up the ramp. Tried various approaches, none worked -> giving up.