Artifacts and upgrades mandatory?

Started by UpperKEES, February 02, 2010, 03:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

I've played several maps to find out in the end that collecting all artefacts and upgrades is necessary to activate the rift. In other maps this is not required.

1. Is there a way to know this in advance?

2. I just had a first quick look at the map editor today. I didn't see an option for this. Is there?

3. Don't you think they shouldn't be mandatory? Otherwise they become like totems and I think it should be my choice whether to use upgrades or not. (My apologies, I realize this last point should actually be in the suggestions section.)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Artifacts  and pods are mandatory, upgrades are not.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 02, 2010, 03:22:02 PM
Artifacts  and pods are mandatory, upgrades are not.

Hmmm, I thought I've seen a message like: "First collect all artifacts and nanobot deposits, then the rift will activate" after charging all totems.

I will come back to this with a screenshot if I encounter it again.

Aurzel

nanobot deposits refer to schematics which give you new tech, not the upgrades

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on February 02, 2010, 06:07:47 PM
nanobot deposits refer to schematics which give you new tech, not the upgrades

Unless one of us is going to play the story again, I think Virgil will have to give the verdict here. Nanobot deposits are the things that make upgrades possible. Schematics are just that - plans for techs (weapons). So the objects you *have* to pick up are schematics, pods and artifacts. You do not have to pick up the nanobot deposits that upgrades your infrastructure.

So yea, even if I'm correct now, I misspoke earlier in omitting one of the mandatory objects for completing a map.

Aurzel

i know what i'm on about kar, they're called nanoschematics or something along those lines and i know you dont need to pick up all the nano upgrades since i've tried it before

UpperKEES

That's indeed the difference between 'nanobot deposits' and 'nano schematics'.

The last map I got that message contained only the deposits (upgrades) and artifacts, but it might be that I got the message only because I didn't collect all artifacts, so it could just be a textual error, if you understand what I mean. It could also very well be that I mixed up the two of them in my brief moment of disappointment; I will find out tonight and let you know. (I did take a screenshot, but used Ctrl-C again somewhere else, before I pasted it into MS Paint).

Aurzel

yeah the message is always the same: collect all artifacts and nanoschemtatics
even if there's only one of those on the map

SPIFFEN

On custom maps you can put thing on top of eachother ,
so maybe there was an error if there was an totem under something else ,
that you didnt pick up .

Might help if you know the name of the map ,
could be easyer for others to help then .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 02, 2010, 07:22:50 PM
So the objects you *have* to pick up are schematics, pods and artifacts.

Yep, you were right. The exact phrase was: "Collect any nano schematics, ruins and survivals pods! Then we can activate the Rift."