Beat game without Thor

Started by archn, January 26, 2010, 08:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archn

2nd time playing Loki (Beat it with Thor the first time), and I saw the special message, which I think was awesome.  Thanks for recognizing that I didn't build Thor to defeat Loki.  I love this game.

Benofdoom

that was a hard to beat without the thor!!! but i got screenies if anyone wants some.

jem

remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

Karsten75

After playing some of the custom maps on here, it was actually relatively easy to beat Loki without Thor.

UpperKEES

When I played Loki the first time, I already knew it would be possible. I had advanced about 70% at the time Thor was build (I reached the first steps), because I didn't notice the new 10th button to build Thor. :P The incoming spores actually ruined quite some of my defenses. :D (I did built Thor in the lower right corner, outside the walls, so most of it's SAMs didn't help me at that moment). When I tried again I was able to cap all emitters in about 25 minutes. Most of this time I was waiting for the reactors to get built.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

JACKL

It takes FOREVER,doesn't it? Reactors take a long time to get built,even witha lot of speed you can only have so many packets going to something at a time,and last time i did it,i moved a blaster forward and forgot it was holding a whole load of creeper off,and it creamed my defenses.javascript:void(0);
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Karsten75

Quote from: JACKL on January 29, 2010, 06:34:18 PM
It takes FOREVER,doesn't it? Reactors take a long time to get built,even witha lot of speed you can only have so many packets going to something at a time,and last time i did it,i moved a blaster forward and forgot it was holding a whole load of creeper off,and it creamed my defenses.javascript:void(0);

Doesn't take that long. Less than 15 mins for sure.

recyclotron

I beat the game without Thor, but the game script buggered up because I destroyed my half built Thor because I didn't want to wait for it to be built. (And when somebody says they're going to 'personally pilot' something, you DON'T LET THEM DO THAT.)

I connected the totems, everything got sucked in, OPS said yadda-yadda, and then nothing happened. I built the Thor, thinking it would finish the game automatically, but then the CN started firing spores from the left of the screen and I got the 'Thor is awesome' speech. Then nothing!

Here's a hint, don't demolish a half built Thor.

recyclotron

That was weird, I didn't touch the Thor button at all this time.

Are you simply supposed to not get the artifact(s) or what?

Aurzel

you need to download the latest version of the game to get the alternate ending

recyclotron

Roger that, thanks for the info.  :D

jem

can anyone post a video about winning loki without thor, beacuase i can't do it.
remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

Aurzel

if you can beat loki with thor you can beat it without thor, otherwise how do you manage to secure a beachhead to get the thor tech in the first place?

Biglulu

Look at my pwnage!

Benofdoom

^^^
i caped the nexus >:D

with no SAMs

how about a pic?