Custom Map: Dream

Started by AutoPost, July 19, 2010, 03:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Dream

Author: Miss Melissa

Desc:
Limited resources and space, pods and a bit if a rough start. Enjoy, and please leave a comment.

UpperKEES

Nice to see a map of you again! :) I'll play it tomorrow, because I won't have time tonight.

Hmmm, I see 2 people already failed miserably and translated their lack of skills into 1 star for this map....  :-\

This means it's probably exactly the kind of map for me! ;D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Ok, you win. I am completely and uterly stumped ???. And by the amount of scores, other people are too :D. I have tried multiple tactics, and have gotten to the point where I can keep the Creeper from getting to the survivors, but don't have the firepower nor energy to branch out.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Miss Melissa

OK, I guess first off.. I should have rated the map much higher, but once the survivors are saved its easy.
secondly.. those pods are safe for quite some time with those mines.. don't use them till u absolutely need to.
third.. OC is also safe for a long time.. build on your strip of land to maximize the amount of reactors u can have before going.
yes there's more to it, but try that out first.. if u need more help just ask.

Fisherck

Oh. Woops ;D! I completely forgot mines can be detonated manually. That helps :P.
Great map, it was the most challenging I have played in a while.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Miss Melissa

Quote from: Fisherck on July 21, 2010, 12:26:23 AM
Oh. Woops ;D! I completely forgot mines can be detonated manually. That helps :P.
Great map, it was the most challenging I have played in a while.

Thank you, I'm just glad someones been able to finish it.  :)

UpperKEES

I've played it once and saving the pods wasn't a problem at all (I didn't know the centre mines were stacked, so I assumed only 1 chance to help me out). When you're out of mines you can always fly in a blaster and let it fire a few shots into the creeper threatening the pods.

I wasn't close to finishing however when I reached the 13 minute mark, so I restarted. When I don't make it on my second run, I'll just submit it.

Fisherck

Keeping the survivors safe, is not the hard part. It is getting off the thin stretch of land you start on that is the hard part, and once you do, your using every bit of energy you can get which does not leave much (if any) energy (or blasters) to keep the survivors safe. So you want to do it as quick as possible, reach the survivors, then it starts getting easier...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

UpperKEES

I just finished it and I actually saved one of the pods about 2 minutes before I charged the totems. ;) I overbuilt again, but I'm still satisfied with my time. :) Nice map!

Edit: I think the difficulty is not that far off; I'd rate it between medium and hard (probably hard for less experienced players).

Miss Melissa

I just finished it and I actually saved one of the pods about 2 minutes before I charged the totems. ;) I overbuilt again, but I'm still satisfied with my time. :) Nice map!

Edit: I think the difficulty is not that far off; I'd rate it between medium and hard (probably hard for less experienced players).

oh good.. u finished it. thank you!

snowmaker (JM)

I definitely overbuilt, but I still had fun with your map  ;D

Miss Melissa

Quote from: snowmaker (JM) on July 21, 2010, 02:25:23 PM
I definitely overbuilt, but I still had fun with your map  ;D

Thank You, I'm certainly glad u had fun with it.

Vexsin

Meh... I took way too long to do that.

At least it was entertaining =D

Miss Melissa

Quote from: Vexsin on July 27, 2010, 02:20:47 PM
Meh... I took way too long to do that.

At least it was entertaining =D

oh good.. im glad u enjoyed it too! it doesnt matter how long it took u.. at least u finished it. :)

fridge

Puhh, that was a peace of work ! Builded 9 blasters and then got to go, try to clean one area, bit by bit. I would rate it at least hard !

I think you cannot go any faster, really fast I think.