Custom Map: Tutorial: Bridging

Started by AutoPost, April 30, 2010, 02:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Tutorial: Bridging

Author: Sqaz

Desc:
[Author has not proved completion. This map has been approved on the assumption that it only serves to demonstrate specific techniques. -Ed.]

This map will teach you all the time and energy saving tricks of bridging, I was inspired for this map by the tutorial thread.

For some the difficulty may be Trivial as stated but for others it'll be hard even though every trick is explained in the map.

Karsten75

I can't see how you connected the totems. If you want to create a tutorial, add a YouTube video.  :)

ontheworld

can't even get past the second part

roccologic

some tips...  ;)

PS: at this map you can also fly with the city so you can get Relay with the city and collector  ;) but its a tutorial so you go the SAM way

Sqaz

The artifacts explain how to get past everything.

And btw @ the person who approved it: I did post a score so why does there stand [Author has not proved completion. This map has been approved on the assumption that it only serves to demonstrate specific techniques. -Ed.]

About the totem:

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on May 01, 2010, 02:05:38 AM
And btw @ the person who approved it: I did post a score so why does there stand [Author has not proved completion. This map has been approved on the assumption that it only serves to demonstrate specific techniques. -Ed.]

It wasn't me. I'm at my girlfriends place at the moment, so I can't check anything, but is it possible that you saved the map from the editor one more time before uploading it (or between uploading and playing)? Just that would make it a 'different' map.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Sqaz

No I didn't reposted after I uploaded this map, my score was already there when I saw that message.

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on May 01, 2010, 02:05:38 AM
The artifacts explain how to get past everything.

Perhaps, but I'd think that maybe your first language is not English?  :) Or alternatively, that you have not asked someone how unambiguous the hints are?

And btw @ the person who approved it: I did post a score so why does there stand
Quote[Author has not proved completion. This map has been approved on the assumption that it only serves to demonstrate specific techniques. -Ed.]

* Karsten75 raises hand

What happened is that when I locked it, you didn't have the score posted. Since I could not figure out the totem connections, I posted the message. I have since asked Virgil to remove that (only Virgil can work on approved maps), but I think he's somewhat busy.

About the totem:

I don't see it. Both the SAM and OC will be immersed in creeper. But, I believe you since you posted a score. So I'll go and look at it again.

Sqaz

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 01, 2010, 09:48:14 AM
I don't see it. Both the SAM and OC will be immersed in creeper. But, I believe you since you posted a score. So I'll go and look at it again.

You just have to keep them (actually only the SAM because the city has enough health to survive) moving.

knucracker

I've updated the text to remove the "score not posted" bits.

Sqaz

Thank you Virgil

Perhaps, but I'd think that maybe your first language is not English?   Or alternatively, that you have not asked someone how unambiguous the hints are?

Well, I think the artifacts are clear enough. If I say you can bridge something with a weapon you don't have many possibilities, or am I just overestimating the players here ;)

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on May 01, 2010, 03:37:35 PM
Thank you Virgil

Perhaps, but I'd think that maybe your first language is not English?   Or alternatively, that you have not asked someone how unambiguous the hints are?

Well, I think the artifacts are clear enough. If I say you can bridge something with a weapon you don't have many possibilities, or am I just overestimating the players here ;)

For one thing, if I remember correctly, your advice was to be "horizontal" when I think the correct word was "perpendicular."  Small quibbles, but I'm just saying.  :)

Sqaz

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 01, 2010, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: Sqaz on May 01, 2010, 03:37:35 PM
Thank you Virgil

For one thing, if I remember correctly, your advice was to be "horizontal" when I think the correct word was "perpendicular."  Small quibbles, but I'm just saying.  :)

Actually I meant parallel with the crazonium wall with your blaster above the wall. If you move your blaster perpendicular with it you've got to pause every 0.2 seconds

But now I see that horizontal was a rather bad description, sorry about that but English isn't my first language

UpperKEES

Nice tutorial for everyone who likes to master the advanced CW techniques. :) Almost complete, as I missed bridging with 2 SAMs at the same time: collector - SAM - OC - SAM - collector. This way you can bridge the distance of 2 relays!

I used bridging a lot till about a month ago to 'pwn' maps and obtain a very high score, but after a while I got tired doing this, because the play time becomes a multiple of the game time recorded. It took a bit of the fun out of the game for me when maps with a highscore of 2 minutes took me 20-30 minutes to complete. I rather fight the creeper with a bunch of blasters. Of course you could also say that I became lazy.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Link327

really good.
I made everything but i lost both SAMs at last where I should build:
Collector
     |
   SAM
     |
Odin City
     |
  Totem