Started by AutoPost, April 21, 2010, 09:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Fortress

Author: m

Desc:
kill da creeper

UpperKEES

Hmmm, I guess you forgot all about the spores, didn't you? Haven't missed them though.... ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Bah. I wasted too much time building unnecessary energy resources.

Sqaz

Watch out with your totems

You can connect them all just by moving the city.

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on April 22, 2010, 12:45:41 AM
Watch out with your totems

You can connect them all just by moving the city.

but but... how do you get enough energy to power all 3 totems in flight?

* Karsten75 going off to try....

Edit: Can't seem to get extra energy, I keep floating OC but the deficit stays at 10.

UpperKEES

That's what I did. ;) You need 30 packets of energy however, so you still need to connect to the first totem.

Sqaz

Wait, there are only three totems, and you can land the city in the creeper for a while to charge the last one.

Karsten75

Quote from: Sqaz on April 22, 2010, 12:57:57 AM
Wait, there are only three totems, and you can land the city in the creeper for a while to charge the last one.

Fixed my post regarding number of totems.

Here is my fail: (Just uploaded, wait a few minutes for processing to complete.)

Not the first, maybe the 8th different similar technique I tried. I maintain that there are timing differences between computers. I also tried not picking up the upgrades. Cannot make it work.

I'd love to see a video of one of you two guys doing this. Pretty please?  Camstudio is pretty easy to use.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on April 22, 2010, 12:57:57 AM
you can land the city in the creeper for a while to charge the last one.

Damn, that was pretty stupid of me.... I'm so used to doing things flying.... :P

@ Karsten: I did it my first score the normal way (connecting to totem 1 and then landing OC in between them). When I just tried doing it right away, I failed the first time (like in your vid), but succeeded the second time. It's just all about that one second. When the totems are charged and the rift starts activating (but hasn't opened yet), you don't need to stay connected to the totems, so you can lift off again and keep OC alive.

Karsten75

Well, the re-takeoff helped. Thanks!  But still, I *have* to pick up the upgrades to achieve it. Flying directly there fails *every* time. :(

Sqaz

Once you land, you can let all mines explode, that should buy you some time.

EDIT: This also gives you the possibility to finish without picking up upgrades.

UpperKEES

My score (8 points less than Sqaz) is including picking up 3 upgrades....

Karsten75

Then I again say that there are timing differences between different machines. Can either of you post your walkthrough video? I'd like for us all to try an identical approach and compare times.

Karsten75

Woot! Woot!  Woot!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

OK, I can get Squaz's time by exploding the mines. Now I don't remmeber how far off UpperKEES's time I was flying OC to pick up the upgrades.

UpperKEES

Okay, had to try that as well. Feels better anyway on the number one spot. ;) Great tips Sqaz!

Karsten, your previous time was 9792, if I remember well, but I did built my collectors differently. I probably did the same now (gaining me 5 points).

And regarding the video's: I'm not gonna make them, as I already spend way too much time on CW, so I rather spend it on the parts I like. Besides that a video will still not enable you to copy everything exactly, as you can't copy everything to the pixel and millisecond. Differences are tiny (as you can see) and I'm convinced that this has nothing to do with the type of computer.