Main Menu

CW2 Bug

Started by cclloyd9785, July 17, 2011, 05:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

After I quick loaded a game, it wouldn't let me move any phantom coils.  I can click them but not move them.  Its as if they were a stationary unit.

Fisherck

I tried to replicate this but had no luck. Do have the save, and if so, can you post it?
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

cclloyd9785

No, cause It went away after I had to quick load again (fail).  Also realized it was all of my units, not just the phantoms.

thepenguin

that happened to me once too!

let me guess, you hibernate your computer?
We have become the creeper...

MadMurphy

Was the game paused?

cclloyd9785

Nope.

And it happened to me again on a code map whose name I cannot say (explicit).

Grauniad

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on July 23, 2011, 03:29:51 AM
Nope.

And it happened to me again on a code map whose name I cannot say (explicit).

You can email the quick save file to support@knucklecracker.com. Maybe Virgil can take a look at it. Just don't expect a quick response. Right now Virgil is occupied with other matters.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: MadMurphy on July 20, 2011, 10:04:05 AM
Was the game paused?
you can still move units if the game is paused.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on July 23, 2011, 10:08:06 AM
you can still move units if the game is paused.
But they will show they have been told to move, Which kinda gives away that the game is paused. I do not know from the thread whether or not *immobile* Means Not able to move like a reactor, or just not moving when told to, like when paused. (the first is a bug, second, Is there a way to make the fact the game is paused more obvious)

cclloyd9785

Its immobile like a reactor.  I click it and it doesnt even show the stuff when you try to move a unit.

cclloyd9785

Seems to happen after my computer lags a bit at random times.  Also sometimes if it lags a lot, It wont let me dig any terrain.

UpperKEES

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 08, 2011, 03:15:47 PM
Seems to happen after my computer lags a bit at random times.  Also sometimes if it lags a lot, It wont let me dig any terrain.

Weekly/monthly virus scan of your hard drive(s)?

When it happens again, open the task manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and have a look which process(es) use a lot of CPU time.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

cclloyd9785

Scans every day

And its usually chrome or CW2.  But my computer decides to freeze sometimes.  Thats why Im using Qubids to get a Macbook pro.

Grauniad

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 08, 2011, 06:17:28 PM
Scans every day

And its usually chrome or CW2.  But my computer decides to freeze sometimes.  Thats why Im using Qubids to get a Macbook pro.

Qubids is a really bad idea. Start a new thread somewhere like Random if you want to discuss it.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon