Editor Suggestion

Started by cclloyd9785, September 23, 2011, 08:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I suggest that there be an option by default off to use the top rows. 

When unckecked, two cells of black would show up above the map.  Not sure if you guys would want 22 to be scrolling down 2 cells or have those count as cells.

When checked, it would be like it is now, there the first 2 are usable.

Cavemaniac

Oooohh.

Here we go - that top two rows being hidden by the status bar is my very own pet peeve.

I was hoping that map designers would soon learn to start two rows down, but it's not yet happened.

It would be nice if something could be done at an editor level.

Perhaps 'just' make it that no units/bonus items could be placed at the top - just landscape and background.

Virgil won't mind rewriting the editor to make us happy.

Will he?

;)

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

UpperKEES

The 2 top rows already are empty by default, just like many others below it.

It's up to a map author to make a map fun and convenient to play. This means you shouldn't try to enforce every single detail. Many annoying things can be done on a map: 100 health emitters, maps that are too large without adding something new, lots of entombed Creeper, long and winding mazes, etc..

Map authors will learn soon enough what people like and what they don't like. This will teach them more than someone else telling them what to do. (Especially in case of teenagers. ;))

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 24, 2011, 06:09:26 AM
Oooohh.

Here we go - that top two rows being hidden by the status bar is my very own pet peeve.

I was hoping that map designers would soon learn to start two rows down, but it's not yet happened.
;)

They haven't even learned how to make 80 height maps yet. Let's keep them focused on one thing at a time. ;)

If I have learned anything about how to get a map maker to stop something annoying, is just to directly tell them on the map itself. They don't get it any other way...

Anyways I am not really that annoyed by the top two spots, after all, how much can you fit in these two rows? :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

lich98

I normally put a row of impentarable ground up there and put just some reactors in my maps, gives me some extra starting energy, but i can take that out.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra