Main Menu

Map editor

Started by Karsten75, December 29, 2009, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

It would be nice if the map editor had the following additional features:

1. Undo button to undo the last (accidental) click.

2. Coordinates on the side of the map.

3. Show cursor coordinates.

4. Ability to make symmetrical terrain layout.

djcian

the map editor already has coordinates for the cursor.  they are in the top right corner next to the "create thumbnail" button.  symmetrical map layout might be hard but maybe a line or box you can make where everything you do on one side of the line or one half of the box would happen on the other.  an undo button would also be helpful.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

i agree about an undo button, that'd be great

Kamron3

Undo, Redo, Last 10 Editted Maps, Submit This Map function.

All would be great.

_k

mothwentbad

Yeah, these would be good. Some other ideas, some of them from other threads:

* x key to delete in map editor
* undo button, as mentioned above
* Campaign editor
* Custom music and sound effects
* Adjust the range on everything: connections, collection, firing
* Adjust the cost of everything
* Adjust the energy production of collectors and of Odin City itself
* Toggle Odin City mobility on/off
* Instant death mode - no HP for mortars/blasters
* Set initial creep thickness. Probably not a priority, but why not?
* Set rigid time limit to maps (dropping 1000 spores at 1000 intensity works, but why not just allow a time limit?)
* Alternate victory conditions, as mentioned elsewhere
* Timed or triggered events

I'm probably forgetting something. It'd be nice to have all the requests in one place, though.

Tero

The one thing I would like the map editor to do is be able to resize its window.  When I click on maximize, the editor does fill my screen.  BUT the actual map remains the same size.  CW lets me resize its window by click and drag or maximize.  Why can't the editor?   
I respect those who quote me the least.

UpperKEES

I agree with almost everything posted here (as far as not implemented yet).

Especially the resize option would be very convenient, as I run under a very high resolution, which makes it a very tine map (yeah, I could lower the resolution, but this would mess up my screen with 8 other apps open).

Two more things about spores:
- For 'direction' a cycle option would be nice. This way I would only have to add one wave that would cycle the direction clockwise or anticlockwise. It would also ensure that the final waves keep coming from different directions.
- When I alter the settings for a spore wave and then click on another wave, the settings for this other wave will change to the setting of the previous wave. When I first click outside the spore editor and then select another wave everything is fine.

Edit: actually one more thing. I like the helper lines that follow the cursor, they sure are useful, especially when symmetry is required. A grid projecting the squares (with a thicker line every 10th) would help me even more. Or else just a simple ruler on all sides (space enough).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview