Roly-poly and hello

Started by hay, December 21, 2009, 07:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hay

Hello! I discovered CW fairly recently, but am now an absolute addict. It's such a brilliant concept! I've never bought a game online before, but the brilliant demo had me overcoming my misgivings and forking over the cash. I'm so glad I did!
Anyways, I made a map. Again, something I've never done before. It was fun though, and I'm considering doing more so any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
Hayley

knucracker

Welcome aboard!
Roly Poly is a great map.  I played it earlier today.  The spiral concept worked out really well I think.  When I play it again, I'm going to assault the upper right hand corner first.  I didn't do that the first time, so I had to keep a check on the creeper in the upper right hand corner while I assaulted the lower left (where I started). 

djcian

it was very fun but what was with the one spore every 16 minutes?
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

to force you to build a few SAM sites to annoy you maybe? lol

knucracker

Yeah, I built like a massive air defense system expecting a total meteor storm to hit me (I figured it would be big since the delay was large).  Then that one little spore came in and I just had to laugh.  Now I never actually let it hit, so I don't know what kind of a punch it would have packed if it had hit....

Aurzel

*points to virgil* thats why its fun :D

hay

Thanks for the feedback!
As to spores..
I started out trying to make a map that I would find really challenging. I ALWAYS forget SAM's, especially when there is a fair bit of time between attacks as I think 'Oh I've got time, I'll do it later'. Then, of course, I forget. So I spaced spore attacks few and far between, tempting myself to forget them. But it's supposed to challenge me, so there has to be a nasty effect if I forget my air defences, better pump up the volume on those spores. Then I kinda chickened out, what would happen when I invariably forget to build SAMs and got hit by lots of nasty? That would just be death. Less of a punishment and more of an execution. Better just send one nasty spore in to mess me up if I don't build SAMs without totally destroying my chances of winning.
;)

Aurzel

if the spores have the default 0.2 intensity then they wont do much damage at all, taking out 2-3 at most undefended structures if you're unlucky and they hit a tightly grouped area otherwise you can safely use 3-5 spores in a wave without it being a game breaker even if they do all hit

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES
Loved Roly-Poly. It's looks nice and plays great. Unfortunately I couldn't find 'hello'.

UpperKees, you deleted a post here? I was going to say "ha ha, very funny" on that "couldn't find hello" part.  :)

UpperKEES

Heheh, I indeed deleted it, because I was.... ehm... serious....  :-[   Hahaha! I'm so stupid sometimes....  :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview