Nullifier question

Started by Karsten75, March 09, 2011, 12:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

In previous maps I could take out up to 3 emitters/gateways with a single nullifier. Is there an upper limit to the number of nullifiers/gateways an emitter can take out?

In the cubic map, I *think* the beam between the nullifier and the emitter is more intense, signifying multiple stacked emitters, but you don't permit stacked units in CW2, so what gives?

In my second and third attempts at that map I simply built a ring of nullifiers to kill that emitter. What are the characteristics that made that emitter so much more resistant than other emitters?

knucracker

Emitters actually have a 'health' value that can be set in the editor.  They all default to "1", which means one nullifier will destroy them.  For the Cubic room 4 emitter I set the health to 10.  This is why the health bar appears on the emitter after it first gets damaged.  Now, I should probably change info window to show some # rather than 'infinite' for the health....

Karsten75

There is no end to the dirty tricks you can pull, is there? :D

Just kidding, I'm sure the map makers will love all these evil tricks.

Link327

nah?
No dirty tricks, the emitter jsut had 10x infinite health :P
^^
Link327

Aurzel

nah dont put the number, or better yet put an option to show how much health an emitter has or not

mthw2vc

Or perhaps better still, show this number if it is greater than 1 as "Phase Resistance" to show that nullifiers cannot effectively modify the laws of physics in their vicinity.

Grauniad

This is not an entirely satisfactory answer, since a single nullifier can take out multiple emitters/gateways, yet to a super-strong emitter it deals one unit of damage?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

UpperKEES

Well, it's a one shot weapon with a target limitation determined by the range.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Aurzel

grauniad you assume 1 unit of emitter health is the same as one regular emitter/gateway, they may use different units

Fisherck

No, I belive what he is asking is that even though a single nullifier can nock out as many gateways and emitters in it's range with a health of 1, it can only deal 1 damage to a single nullifier with a health of 2. Somewhat confusing, in my opinion too.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Aurzel

i understood, and i said you assume that the stuff you knock out have a health of 1, for all you know they have a health of 0.3 for example, or the emitter has a health of 30 (yes i know virgil said it's 10 but i mean relatively speaking)
hp is an arbitrary way of measuring how strong these things are doesn't mean they're equal
now if you're just talking mechanics wise then it's all meh