MR Microrift
PC Phantom Coil
DB Dark Beam
DM Dark Mirror
CB Conversion Bomb
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Do not forget TT: Topsy Turvy or the ability to build any direction. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

Emmote

Not sure whether you'd want to add these or not, but I think it may simplify refering to different gates on different maps.

Some gates are Phantom-Gates, some are Drone-Gates and some seem to be Packet-Gates. There rarely seems to be gates that can do more than one of those, and if there are, I guess you could combine the prefixes.

So:
PhG - Gate which will spawn Phantoms.
PaG - Gate which will spawn Packets (to erode terrain).
DrG - Gate which will spawn Drones.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Sqaz

Quote from: Emmote on May 27, 2011, 07:49:10 AM
There rarely seems to be gates that can do more than one of those, and if there are, I guess you could combine the prefixes.

The' first time you encounter drones you already see a PhG and PaG combined and in Minion Surprise you can see a PaG and DrG. And in the coming Code Maps this also happens very very often.

But nonetheless I do like the abbreviations ;)

Edit: BTW TP who is that Auzrel in the first post ;)
       And those abbreviations were IMO already used long time before Kees posted them.

crazyone76

who is that auzrel..... WHAT??!!?!?!??!?!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o
EDIT: I mean how can you not know him
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on May 27, 2011, 10:28:42 AM
And those abbreviations were IMO already used long time before Kees posted them.

Yep, just common abbreviations (to regular players). This is how it should be: collect common terminology in a dictionary instead of making up words to get them into a dictionary. :)

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 27, 2011, 10:40:33 AM
Yep, just common abbreviations (to regular players). This is how it should be: collect common terminology in a dictionary instead of making up words to get them into a dictionary. :)

Yes, that's why it sounds weird to see that you're the inventor. A word should only come here when it's used so much noone remembers who actually decided to use it as the first one.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on May 27, 2011, 10:48:46 AM
Yes, that's why it sounds weird to see that you're the inventor.

Oh, never even noticed; didn't look at the first page. As far as I'm concerned the names can be removed.

Quote from: Sqaz on May 27, 2011, 10:48:46 AM
A word should only come here when it's used so much noone remembers who actually decided to use it as the first one.

Yeah, the inventions are more important than the inventors (and didn't Virgil invent it all? ;))

Grauniad

There are several inaccuracies in this thread - for one, a quick search will reveal that Karsten75 *never* made one post with the word "greeper" in it.

There is an old 2009 post by "The Smoking Revolver" which I imagine is more a typo than anything else, and then ThePenguin started using the word. AFAICS, apart from a small group of people, no-one else uses that word either.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

whoever started greeper, I use it all the time. So they were on to something!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

MadMag

Grauniad

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 27, 2011, 11:32:47 AM
whoever started greeper, I use it all the time. So they were on to something!

I refer you to the "small group" appellation I used.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Krell

Greeper was tagged in the blog if I remember correctly.

Emmote

Quote from: Sqaz on May 27, 2011, 10:28:42 AMThe' first time you encounter drones you already see a PhG and PaG combined and in Minion Surprise you can see a PaG and DrG. And in the coming Code Maps this also happens very very often.

But nonetheless I do like the abbreviations ;)

I've only played a couple of the bonus missions, and obviously none of the code maps, so yeah I didn't know that.

I guess that PhG's and DrG's can both send out packets. So I guess you could ignore the PaG abbreviation.
My mind rebels against stagnation.