For the map editor

Started by Rikkay, April 18, 2010, 10:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikkay

Would it be possible to be able to put down a nexus? Or something. limited to one only. For more harder maps that people want to make. I know making intensity for a normal Emitter will do just as much damage. But just thought it could make the maps seem more pulling to play.

ThePhantom

I believe this was already asked in a thread a while back, not exactly sure what it was.

As said there it wouldn't exactly be much of a benefit. Though if you were to make a series or something with some sort of a boss character, or a regular map with a story like roll it would help to have the leader be a Nexus.

Maybe if you added the Nexus it would have one special trait. As I found a negative emitter that is directly on top of an emitter can completely and utterly cap it. Maybe the Nexus would have the ability to only be 1/4 capped down to 3/4 intensity worst from negative emitters rather than 100% gone.

I think this sounds like a plan/interesting twist/good idea
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

haloguy48

I was thinking since the nexus is bigger, the creeper would start spread out more. Instead of a single point, it has like 9 since the nexus is so huge.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

ThePhantom

That would be true, and if it were wouldn't it also have a larger output (I'm saying put it at 5 and an emitter at 5 and the Nexus is double the regular).

Lets put this in theory for example I know my numbers are going to be off, but bear with me.

Say a normal emitter puts out 5 gallons from intensity 5 with the intervals of 1 second. Put the Nexus at oh say a large amount in the same time so it would put out 10 gallons from intensity 5 with intervals of 1 second, but rather that just saying raise the intensity, the Nexus would rather have it's liquid spread faster and move faster. So lets say same settings from a regular covers 5 feet with a single layer with 2 layers within 3 feet of the emitter per interval. The Nexus would instead cover 20 feet with a single layer and unless all the ground that is at that elevation is covered it will not put up to a second layer near itself.

So it would be more rapid moving and aggressive, plus unless it's filled it's area drones would have less affect on it. I think it would also be fair to make it so the Nexus can't be directly capped by having blasters or Thor shooting at it. Rather, they can only clean up the Creeper surrounding the Nexus so you could not build on the Nexus even for a brief moment. (In other words it would shield any Creeper it's sitting on).
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

haloguy48

Nay, the nexus should be able to be capped. If its not able to, i can already see the glitches arising. and imagine a .1 interval one thats is uncappable  :o
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

ThePhantom

You missed my point. It can be capped, but you can't clear out the Creeper under the Nexus, so there is always Creeper under it.
~Phantom

Kamron3

I do believe that the Nexus is only an image.

_k

haloguy48

Quote from: Kamron3 on April 18, 2010, 02:06:44 PM

_k

Don't kill the idea with your simple yet effective remark.

HG48
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

ThePhantom

Quote from: haloguy48 on April 19, 2010, 10:03:56 PM
Quote from: Kamron3 on April 18, 2010, 02:06:44 PM

_k

Don't kill the idea with your simple yet effective remark.

HG48

you tell him haloguy (I'm too scared to argue with him...)
~Phantom

UpperKEES

Well, Kamron is right. See also here.

I am more scared of a 1000 intensity emitter, than of Kamron and the Nexus together.... ;)

Edit: this means you can use the image of the Nexus in your own custom background if you know how to use a paint program.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview