Scripting Engine

Started by Stummi, July 11, 2010, 05:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stummi

Hello,

I buyed KC few days ago, and it is a great game.

But I have a suggestion for the map-editor:
Something like a scripting-engine would be nice, to create more dynamic maps. For example, so that I could let appear some game-objects like techs or emitters or just messages dependent on some events.

Greetings,
Stummi

UpperKEES

You mean something like this? ;)

Great idea!  8)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: Stummi on July 11, 2010, 05:13:24 AM
Hello,

I buyed KC few days ago, and it is a great game.

But I have a suggestion for the map-editor:
Something like a scripting-engine would be nice, to create more dynamic maps. For example, so that I could let appear some game-objects like techs or emitters or just messages dependent on some events.

Greetings,
Stummi

Congratulations for buying Creeper World! You'll have a lot of fun and there are almost 2,500 additional custom maps to play once you have finished the 55 in-game maps. However, know that CW is now a mature product and that Virgil (the developer) had turned his attention to the follow-on product. It looks increasingly unlikely that even a final maintenance update for the existing Creeper World will be released. What you see is what you get.

knucracker

I do still have it on my plan to release a final maintenance release of the game.  There are a number of small things I'd like to tidy up before I call it 'totally complete'.  Timing wise, I would expect the final maintenance release before game 2 is released, but maybe not that much before.

And for those who aren't following knucklecracker.com/blog, game 2 is the second game in the Creeper World story line.  So the Creeper World story doesn't end with the first game, it's only just begun.