Custom Map: IkeaPimp's Heart

Started by AutoPost, July 14, 2010, 02:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: IkeaPimp's Heart

Author: IkeaPimp

Desc:
UpperKEES convinced me it was time to create my own mas, so here's my 1st one.

It's an simple, relaxing creeper shoot-fest, so enjoy! Feedback always encouraged.

UpperKEES

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

Oh very nice to see that you finally made an map =D
I'll give it an try soon i hope , but my score might end up x3 of your score ;)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Karsten75

Blegh! I don't know if I should send LMM a marriage proposal or an invitation to a duel.  :)

IkeaPimp

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 14, 2010, 10:04:24 AM
I'll give it an try soon i hope , but my score might end up x3 of your score ;)

You should be able to beat it easily.  I finished this map in under 10 min when I tested it and before I put the upgrades in.  I didn't want to put an intimidating 1st score on it.  The time I have recorded was done without pausing the game to do stuff.

UpperKEES

Quote from: IkeaPimp on July 14, 2010, 02:11:44 PM
I didn't want to put an intimidating 1st score on it.

Heheh, you're smart. For some reason I can't bring myself to posting slower scores, but luckily I'm always able to improve myself anyway when my score has been beaten.

PS: on the other hand people might think that a map would be a long slog when you've posted a bit slow time, so I'm not sure what attracts most players....

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 14, 2010, 03:31:57 PM
Quote from: IkeaPimp on July 14, 2010, 02:11:44 PM
I didn't want to put an intimidating 1st score on it.

Heheh, you're smart. For some reason I can't bring myself to posting slower scores, but luckily I'm always able to improve myself anyway when my score has been beaten.

PS: on the other hand people might think that a map would be a long slog when you've posted a bit slow time, so I'm not sure what attracts most players....

As long as a score is up, I'm good.

SPIFFEN

I took an nice safe 'n slow walk around =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

UpperKEES

Indeed not too hard, but rather relaxing.

Are you also gonna use your name in your map titles and rate them all 'trivial' like Spiffen does?

SPIFFEN

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 14, 2010, 12:22:36 PM
Blegh! I don't know if I should send LMM a marriage proposal or an invitation to a duel.  :)
Love in the air =) , would be nice if someone found an connection like that here =D
How to make links

IkeaPimp

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 16, 2010, 10:22:28 AM
Are you also gonna use your name in your map titles and rate them all 'trivial' like Spiffen does?

That's the plan.  Seeing the way Spiffen does it, it just makes sense.  Putting your name in the map is a good method of 'branding' that lets players know what to expect.

Rating them as trivial also makes sense as, in my opinion, they usually are trivial.  I don't plan to make hard maps, just enjoyable ones.

UpperKEES

Quote from: IkeaPimp on July 16, 2010, 06:47:00 PM
I don't plan to make hard maps, just enjoyable ones.

Hey, are you telling me that hard maps can't be enjoyable? ;)