Weekly 5-Map Tournament - Well-known figures of Taiwan - Closing 2012-03-12

Started by CJY101, March 05, 2012, 07:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJY101

Well folks here we go again, another week, another 5 maps to complete.

A few useful links:
All Tournaments
Code Map Scoreboard
Tournament Score Tool

Theme:
Well-known figures of Taiwan.

Map Name:Size:Complexity:Gravity:Build:Exp:
Kevin Lin - Super marathonMediumHighLeftRightNo
Yani Tseng- Women's GolfMediumMediumDownUpNo
Ang Lee - Film director -LargeHighDownUpNo
Dr.Henry Lee - Forensics expertLargeMediumUp-LeftDownNo
Knicks - Jeremy LinSmallHighDownUPNo

Cut-off time:
The time of the Forum
2012-03-12 00:00 ( = 2012-03-11 24:00)
Has ended. Thanks for participate.

Hope you all have fun.
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

2b3o4o

deety42

CJY101

Quote from: Wheatmidge on March 05, 2012, 01:38:58 PM
I hate you Ang Lee!

This map. I not test.
I did not think harder than expected.
Since you have already completed.
so.........that game to continue...

Quote from: deety42 on March 05, 2012, 05:13:09 PM
Cool...I used to work with Henry Lee  :)
:o :o :o
It seems that you are not a simple figure.  ;D
( If the translation is not good, don't care, please ) ; My custom maps: 101 mission

CJY101

The first day.
Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score
1.Wheatmidge32999*
2.Amram21113*
3.Katra10846*
4.Martin10056*
5.dt429505*
6.DethbyIT9084*
* Did not finish all maps.

Scores recoded at 2012-03-06 08:06:08 forum time.

Katra

Quote from: CJY101 on March 05, 2012, 10:00:07 PM
I hate you Ang Lee!

This map. I not test.

I do not see how this map is possible without cheating. I (briefly) achieved a stalemate after many restarts (1st screenshot) then the mob of faster and stronger drones from deep down (2nd screenshot) broke loose and quickly crushed my defense.

Kithros?
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

2b3o4o

Quote from: Katra on March 06, 2012, 07:26:41 PM
I hate you Ang Lee!

This map. I not test.

I do not see how this map is possible without cheating. I (briefly) achieved a stalemate after many restarts (1st screenshot) then the mob of faster and stronger drones from deep down (2nd screenshot) broke loose and quickly crushed my defense.

Kithros?
Temporarily stopping the first wave of drones is as easy as placing shields over the only two places they can come out. This will hold them off long enough to build a blaster. Don't forget a phantom coil though. I haven't played far beyond this, but I think if you're aggressive enough at the start, you can build up reactors inside the first creeper pit. More reactors----->More energy----->More blasters.

Katra

Suggest you check your difficulty/size; that's not the same as I was seeing.  ::)  (Large/high)

I tried putting shields over the opening; the drones and creeper blew through them before I could do anything more.

Amram

Quote from: 2b3o4o on March 06, 2012, 07:42:44 PM
Quote from: Katra on March 06, 2012, 07:26:41 PM
I hate you Ang Lee!

This map. I not test.

Kithros?
Temporarily stopping the first wave of drones is as easy as placing shields over the only two places they can come out. This will hold them off long enough to build a blaster. Don't forget a phantom coil though. I haven't played far beyond this, but I think if you're aggressive enough at the start, you can build up reactors inside the first creeper pit. More reactors----->More energy----->More blasters.

I've blocked it deeper than that to leave room for retreating shielding  - one shield at a time in the middle of their path, later closing the gap before the field changes.

I've bloocked it up top only to let me wait a bit longer before spending energy on something other than reactors

i've bagged that first emitter in what is close to the shortest plausible time, since i need only delay until I have grabbed the 80pt gem, moving down and right the entire time, drop three reactors to start since you can afford those without slowing your progress, and in the end they help you a little.  Add a shield half way under the first of the gaps to block drones low to start and allow for retreating shield walls, once close enough add 3 more shields to defend a nullifier, and you should still have enough left to afford it(I did...barely).  That emitter dies then about the same time the fields first change.  but you've nothing else to hold your ground, and now face an upsurge of the remaining creeper, 10 phantoms, and steady drones.

i've grabbed the tech and both gems near the start, but lacked the time to get the nullifier up, though i had a nice supply of energy, there just wasn't time, and the energy I did have was spent achieving the second gem plus nullifier.

Grabbing the white crystal provides a good burst, but its costly.  If you try from above, then you leave a new hole for the drones, and they WILL take it, plus the creeper.  If you don't then to stay ahead of the creeper you have to clear a few extra blocks or your packets won't do it in time.  In all but a few cases grabbing that gem left me either no energy until it was too late, or too late in grabbing the gem.

i've had 6 blasters, 4 coils, 2 repulsors, a launcher, a wall of shields 8 cells high and 3 wide at the base where the drones are, that was my best thus far i made it a few minutes in, the energy demands of that defense weren't sustainable long term, but it held, while it lasted.  the repulsors and launcher held/killed creeper, the blasters only shot drones.  I lasted longer than I might have otherwise by cycling connected status, if it didn't absolutely need replenishment, it didn't get it.  in the end the entire defence failed in unison.

I had a full line of reactors all the way across the surface and into the small peak near the gaps, was insufficient power, but that was the one set where I nearly held out.  Had i also killed that emitter in that pass, I would have survived, but to kill the emitter meant either fewer defences, or fewer reactors, either has proven fatal thus far to me.

It may be doable, but i can't, not without a fluke I likely couldn't repeat.  I've got a few hours in it already, probably getting close to 100 starts, no dice, I had one hold out past the initial surge of drones, thats it.

Props to whomever does beat this one down, I don't think i'll be joining you.

2b3o4o

You know, I think with the field timing on this map, the answer might be to retreat under ground. There certainly are a lot of gems there...

CJY101

At present, only the 'Wheatmidge' complete.   (Ang Lee - Film director -     Large/High)
Because I did not participate in the contest.
If he or others do not mind, tomorrow morning 8:00.
I will provide screenshots, As the beginning.  ;)
Recommend everybody to skip this one map, or in a think about.
Thank you.

---------------------------
I want to delay one day ..... Publish.  (2012-03-08 08:00)
After all, there are five days of tournament.   ;D

Katra

Quote from: CJY101 on March 05, 2012, 07:36:50 AM
Knicks - Jeremy Lin
   Small
   High

This one is also summarily kicking my tail. Once the second and third chambers worth of drones breaks out the large wave of strong drones casually cruises through everything I've built and destroys the LS.

Again Wheatmidge is the only score...  ???

CJY101

Quote from: Katra on March 06, 2012, 10:38:29 PM
Quote from: CJY101 on March 05, 2012, 07:36:50 AM
Knicks - Jeremy Lin
   Small
   High

This one is also summarily kicking my tail. Once the second and third chambers worth of drones breaks out the large wave of strong drones casually cruises through everything I've built and destroys the LS.

Again Wheatmidge is the only score...  ???

Prompt
4 Nano Chips and 2 Crystals is critical for survival.
If can Dangxia the first wave, you can accomplish.

CJY101

The second day.
Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score
1.Wheatmidge56916
2.Amram43010*
3.Katra32942*
4.Schmane32656*
5.dt4230963*
6.DethbyIT19404*
7.ctuna10348*
8.Martin10056*
* Did not finish all maps.
Scores recoded at 2012-03-07 08:00:20 forum time.

5 missions and 8 players
Map 1: 7 scores
Map 2: 7 scores
Map 3: 1 scores
Map 4: 5 scores
Map 5: 2 scores

Congratulations 'Wheatmidge' first Completed.