Custom Map #7: Field Fight

Started by AutoPost, August 16, 2011, 04:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7: Field Fight

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
Fight using a new type of weapon. Made entirely with fields! But watch out, because the enemy can do the same...

Fisherck

There is more going on with this map then meets the eye. 8)
There are multiple "automatic" field guns. All you need to do is load them. With good creeper. :)

(Ignore the background, it is fixed in the game ;))
Spoiler

you start in control, with enough anti-creeper to hold for a while. But soon your middle guns will be overwhelmed and taken over. And unless you get moving, your top 2 guns will be taken too. The main weapon you will need to use are makers. But blasters, repulsers, and launchers can be invaluable too.

[close]
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Zaggy

This is my favorite map so far.  There's really unique mechanics here (loading guns with makers, while avoiding losing control of guns and having the creeper shoot You).  It's definitely not easy; it took me a few attempts to figure out a strategy, but it was really satisfying to figure it out and watch the pieces fall into place (and the AC falling into the Creeper!)

Nice work, Fisherck.

Fisherck

Quote from: Zaggy on August 19, 2011, 04:34:58 PM
This is my favorite map so far.  There's really unique mechanics here (loading guns with makers, while avoiding losing control of guns and having the creeper shoot You).  It's definitely not easy; it took me a few attempts to figure out a strategy, but it was really satisfying to figure it out and watch the pieces fall into place (and the AC falling into the Creeper!)

Nice work, Fisherck.

Thanks! That means a lot. :) This was my first attempt at this type of gameplay. I think there is a lot more that can be done with things like this... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Katra

I deleted this after the creeper summarily blew me away three times before I could accomplish anything. (The first try was my best - I nullified the gateway before the anti creeper ran out.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

jlog

A little late to playing this map but really awesome.  I think I "cheated" though, just like Bugs Bunny on Elmer Fudd.
Spoiler
If you build a shield right at the tip of the enemy guns, just outside of the field their shot hits it and is stopped, and the creeper stays in the gun.  Between that and blowing up the portal quickly it makes it easier.
[close]

Very fun though, and always fun to find different ways to beat a map.

DethbyIT

@Fisherck ,
Another great game from you - thanks!
dbit

Fisherck

Quote from: jlog on September 03, 2011, 06:23:03 PM
A little late to playing this map but really awesome.  I think I "cheated" though, just like Bugs Bunny on Elmer Fudd.
Spoiler
If you build a shield right at the tip of the enemy guns, just outside of the field their shot hits it and is stopped, and the creeper stays in the gun.  Between that and blowing up the portal quickly it makes it easier.
[close]

Very fun though, and always fun to find different ways to beat a map.

This was one of my first maps, and my first at using fields in this way. That being said, I love hearing ways that people circumvented some of the obstacles on my maps. That's the best way to learn! ;) Thanks for playing and commenting your strategy on my map. :)

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 24, 2011, 08:17:12 AM
@Fisherck ,
Another great game from you - thanks!
dbit
I am always glad to hear that a map is good. Thanks. 8)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

tugberk turkey

UpperKEES

Nice map Fisherck! :)

Assault is one of my favorite bonus maps, so you can imagine I like these kind of weapons.

Maybe a few build limits on certain techs would have forced the player to concentrate more on the makers, but the concept is great and I'd love to see more of these.  8)

On to your next....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 26, 2011, 04:17:07 PM
Nice map Fisherck! :)

Assault is one of my favorite bonus maps, so you can imagine I like these kind of weapons.

Maybe a few build limits on certain techs would have forced the player to concentrate more on the makers, but the concept is great and I'd love to see more of these.  8)

On to your next....
And there goes all my number one scores...;)

Yeah, this map was not the most balanced. I'll have to make at least one other like, when I get the time... :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on September 26, 2011, 07:57:35 PM
And there goes all my number one scores...;)

Nah, I settled for the second spot on your Asteroid Belt. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview