?

Michionlion · 1635

Michionlion

• The Reclaimer
on: June 23, 2011, 01:07:00 pm
what does the GameState.dat file do in CW2?

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Pyxis_GeeK

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:22:03 pm
I would think it pertains to the unit locations, creeper coverage, etc of the save file. I could be horribly wrong though.

Grauniad

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 01:40:00 pm
It keeps window size, location, menu music mute, etc... The options, in other words.

in general, an easy way to determine this is to rename the file, launch CW2 (or any other program) and observer the changes. Then you delete the newly created one if the game created one and rename the old one back.

Saves everybody some effort and makes you more knowledgeable. That way you don't have to imagine the wrong answer to give to people. :)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:41:59 pm by Grauniad »

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

• The Reclaimer
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 01:44:50 pm
ah... thx

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Pyxis_GeeK

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 01:56:34 pm
It keeps window size, location, menu music mute, etc... The options, in other words.

in general, an easy way to determine this is to rename the file, launch CW2 (or any other program) and observer the changes. Then you delete the newly created one if the game created one and rename the old one back.

Saves everybody some effort and makes you more knowledgeable. That way you don't have to imagine the wrong answer to give to people. :)

Ouch. Yes sir I will keep that in mind.

UpperKEES

• The Creeper is getting deeper.... into me.
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:21:53 am

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

• The Reclaimer
Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 02:35:36 pm
i know.  but what else shout i say?

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

• The Creeper is getting deeper.... into me.
Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:58:03 pm
"Purpose of the GameState.dat file"

My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview