Day 13: Horror, help!

Started by Michionlion, May 15, 2011, 02:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

ok, well, i'm at day 13: horror, and i can't seem to get it.... any help or advice?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

Quote from: Michionlion on May 15, 2011, 02:04:25 PM
ok, well, i'm at day 13: horror, and i can't seem to get it.... any help or advice?

make sure you use tha makers & ore

it helps you get the top chamber, the other two are easy
We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

ah... didn't see the ore... thx
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

Quote from: Michionlion on May 15, 2011, 02:11:23 PM
ah... didn't see the ore... thx

same problem here, I'll see if we can get the help thread(s) from beta moved over

Michionlion

ok, well, on my latest try this is how far i got:

this is just after the capsule got destroyed... and i was really close.  i had finished the top part too.  anything else that might help?
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Emmote

Use 2 repulsor's for the bottom left and far top chambers. Then you can completely ignore them until the very end.

Edit: Added screeny for example.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

Kamron3

I'll record a video and upload it to YouTube in like... a half hour. Unless you finish beforehand.

UpperKEES

First of all please give topics a meaningful name, so it makes sense to other members as well. :)

Quote from: thepenguin on May 15, 2011, 02:12:27 PM
I'll see if we can get the help thread(s) from beta moved over

I wouldn't move these topics here yet, because people tend to read them anyway, even when not experiencing problems. When everyone finishes the 30 in-game maps in just 1-2 tries each, it will be a long wait until the custom & code maps become available....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

You are just trying to hard. :D

You can reach a stalemate with the creeper on the bottom with a single blaster.
The creeper on the top can be removed by a single blaster and a shield. The shield will barely last, but it will. ;)
The creeper in the middle should be easy enough to get through with a single maker and a couple blasters. Worry about this after you built your other blasters.

And do not worry about a lack of energy. I built reactors in every available space before I started building my blasters and beacons. You should be fine.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kamron3

Uploading the video now...

Michionlion

thanks guys, though i have to get off now so for tomarrow
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

Quote from: Michionlion on May 15, 2011, 04:22:30 PM
thanks guys, though i have to get off now so for tomarrow

don't forget to put shields in order to force more of the greeper into the chamber

Michionlion

I did that in the first mission I had shields... Figured it would increase pressure. It did
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kamron3

Quote from: Michionlion on May 15, 2011, 06:46:15 PM
I did that in the first mission I had shields... Figured it would increase pressure. It did

I've got 27 minutes left on the upload, so hang tight.

Kamron3

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Uploaded it for TWO HOURS. And
"This video has been removed because it is too long."

Massive rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!