Quickest Map?

Started by davidp, August 25, 2010, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidp

April 4, 3792
1min 2sec
only 3 collectors needed

Looking forward to Karsten75 doing it in less than 1 min.  :)

--David

Karsten75

The elusive davidp!  Welcome to the forums. I've been wondering about a beta member that has never posted before. :D

PS. Yes, I know "elusive" is not the right word, but I can't think of the right one now.

knucracker

Under 1 min FTW!  Woot!
So this is a 3 collector map...  Makes me wonder if there is a 2 collector map or any map quicker than this...

Btw, davidp isn't too elusive... he's standing next to me right now :)

Karsten75

Karsten75

OK, I can't beat 59 seconds.  And that is a close shave to having my collector destroyed. Not sure how davidp lasted much longer.

Sqaz

just found this map 23 februari 2018, that can be finished without building any weapons, and since there's already a hardest chronom map thread, why not one for the easy ones, i wonder if there are more maps like this one where you just have to build relays and collectors.

EDIT: Oh, just saw the 24 August 2010 map on this forum, another no weapons map.

knucracker

Yes, I call them "fool's mate" maps.  There are scattered around.  The shortest that has been seen so far only requires 3 collectors and 59 seconds to complete.  The search is on for a "two collector" (or less) map.

Sqaz

It seems like there are a lot of them, 27 july 2010, one more.

Fisherck

My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

knucracker

Noooooooooo!!!!!   :)

Karsten75

* Karsten75 shakes fist at fisherck...

:P

Sqaz

Quote from: virgilw on August 25, 2010, 04:10:33 PM
Under 1 min FTW!  Woot!
So this is a 3 collector map...  Makes me wonder if there is a 2 collector map or any map quicker than this...

Is there even a 2 collector map possible, it seems that you coded this random map generator thing to exclude certain situations, and could it be you put a minimum distance between totems? If so we'd be searching for nothing.

knucracker

There is an attempted minimum distance... but it isn't always the case.  It tries different positions till it finds one that meets the requirements... but it won't search forever.  It gives up after a bit so as to prevent a potentially infinite loop.  For instance, take a look at July 5, 1996  two of the totems are close together.

Sqaz

Quote from: virgilw on August 27, 2010, 06:41:03 PM
There is an attempted minimum distance... but it isn't always the case.  It tries different positions till it finds one that meets the requirements... but it won't search forever.  It gives up after a bit so as to prevent a potentially infinite loop.  For instance, take a look at July 5, 1996  two of the totems are close together.

Ah, I see, but just found out you can beat this one with only two collectors, and a SAM. And I'm pretty sure you that with some clever OC moving you can finish April 4 3792 with nothing but two collectors.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2010, 02:59:53 AM
I'm pretty sure you that with some clever OC moving you can finish April 4 3792 with nothing but two collectors.

I doubt if there will be much difference between building 3 collectors with OC on the ground or building 2 collectors and flying OC to the last totem. On the ground you'll generate about 1.0-1.1 energy per second and it doesn't really matter if you use 10 energy for building that collector or save it for charging the last totem (as you hardly generate any energy when OC flies). I just tried finishing April 4, 3792 like that and got exactly the same score (although I think Fisherck used something like this to gain that 1 second).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview