Custom Map: TG Lovers Lane

Started by AutoPost, August 15, 2010, 11:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: TG Lovers Lane

Author: Tartarus Guard

Desc:
A couple of kids thought they had enough time before the creeper hit to get away for some alone time in an escape pod. The pod doesn't have enough fuel to come home, the creeper has started, save the kids!

mthw2vc

I did work quickly... :P

Tartarus Guard

@mthw2vc

Yeah, you did  :)  This map is considerably easier than my first, hence the medium rating.  So far you're the only person to post a score on my expert only map.  I figured if I kept that up I'd scare everyone off from playing my maps.  I'll probably alternate between medium and E.O. maps.

Karsten75

Wow, clearly my strategy sucked. :(

Edit. Better, but still no banana.

UpperKEES

Nice to see that even a pwned map can become a competitive playground. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Aren't they the best playgrounds? :D

Blaze

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 15, 2010, 11:33:05 PM
Aren't they the best playgrounds? :D

No, the best playgrounds are the ones you see on AFV where people inflict bodily harm unto themselves.  :D

km

Can't see how you guys got your <2 minute scores. I'm clearly missing a trick. Get the pod first? Move OC back down, but you need at least one blaster to survive.

Paul-in-Reno

No blaster...just go for it. Although I don't know how Upperkees did it 21 secs less than me. I'm doing it as efficiently as I see possible.

km

Great, thanks! Up with the big boys now! I moved OC one connection north to get my score.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Paul-in-Reno on August 16, 2010, 10:11:31 AM
Although I don't know how Upperkees did it 21 secs less than me. I'm doing it as efficiently as I see possible.

I give priority to the most important supply line(s) and build as little collectors as possible. Under certain circumstances building with a slight deficit can also pay off (because the packets will catch up later, when enough energy is available again).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I've got to stop this... I just can't get right down to the wire.