Custom Map: Europe Tsunami

Started by AutoPost, July 29, 2010, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Europe Tsunami

Author: MadMag

Desc:
Maybe my best map so far... Check it out :)

SPIFFEN

Looks very nice =)
But didnt you get the info about the pic settings ?
( [img width=640 height=480] . . . )
Pics looks better when they fit the screen better =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Hmmm, it looks great on my screen (it automatically scales to the appropriate width).

I would almost say: "Sauffaus is back!" ;)

Would you mind telling us how you created these graphics? Looks awesome! *thumbs up*

PS: I'll play this one later for sure! :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

@SPIFFEN

The image is scaled i Photoshop to 640px × 439px. I think the browser or forum scales the picture itself.  If you right click it and choose veiw picture you will see the orginal size.

Image info: 640px × 439px (scaled to 933px × 640px)  Don't know why the forum is scaling it up.

@UpperKEES

I always make my maps in Photoshop first, in this case I downloaded one picture of Europe and one satelitte photo of an ocean. I have made a grid guide in Photoshop, so Its easy to draw the square map out of the photos. Then edited the square map a little in PS. Import the custom image to the map editor and draws the terrain on my template I just made in Photoshop. I have smoothed out the level tints so that the map dont look so "squared".. I hope you understand my work method now :)

I can upload the Grid Guide if you want .PSD

Echo51

Abseloutly love it :P pretty...
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

Quote from: MadMag on July 30, 2010, 04:54:50 AM
@UpperKEES

I always make my maps in Photoshop first, in this case I downloaded one picture of Europe and one satelitte photo of an ocean. I have made a grid guide in Photoshop, so Its easy to draw the square map out of the photos. Then edited the square map a little in PS. Import the custom image to the map editor and draws the terrain on my template I just made in Photoshop. I have smoothed out the level tints so that the map dont look so "squared".. I hope you understand my work method now :)

I can upload the Grid Guide if you want .PSD

Thanks, I get the idea. :) I'd indeed like to see that grid. Maybe you can also include a normal image of the background (.jpg or .png), because I don't have Photoshop (yet). Did you modify the edges of each square yourself? What is the effect called you use for that? (I'm referring to the round corners and the shading.)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

I make each level in separate layers in Photoshop, then I used the effects Outer Glow and a little Bevel on each level to make them look more rounded.

Here is a link with the .psd file for guides in Photoshop (remember turn on veiw -> show guides) and a jpg of the guides for non PS user.

http://www.2shared.com/file/00QbKQbP/CreeperGuides.html  (You find download link almost at the bottom of the page. Save file to your PC: _click here_

Fisherck

Quote from: MadMag on July 30, 2010, 10:22:39 AM
I make each level in separate layers in Photoshop, then I used the effects Outer Glow and a little Bevel on each level to make them look more rounded.

Here is a link with the .psd file for guides in Photoshop (remember turn on veiw -> show guides) and a jpg of the guides for non PS user.

http://www.2shared.com/file/00QbKQbP/CreeperGuides.html  (You find download link almost at the bottom of the page. Save file to your PC: _click here_

Thanks this could be very usefull (not that it was origonaly meant for me :P). I have photoshop and I have been toying with it a bit and this brings me one step closer to figuring it out...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

MadMag

DethbyIT

Excellent graphics and a fun game to play!
Thank you.
dbit