What is the most useful building in Creeper world?

Started by Mare, June 30, 2010, 08:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mare

What is the most used and best buildings in Creeper world? I want to know your opinions and please give a reason.

Civilian structures- Collectors, Relays, Storage, Speed, and Reactors

Military Structures- Blasters, Mortars, SAM and Drones (No Thor allowed, Its too powerful and cheap.XD)

Please give an answer for both types of buildings. :) :) :)
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

UpperKEES

Of course it depends on the type of map you play, but in general (and assuming you go for the highscore):

Civilian:
1. Collector: great connectivity, relatively cheap energy and cheapest way to advance.
2. Reactor: I use them for every map unless there's plenty of space to build (but that's rare for most hard maps). CW is maybe more about energy than about creeper. ;)
3. Speed: it doesn't only prevent your blasters from running dry, but also speeds up the building process when you have a large network.
4. Storage: a bit underestimated by many players, because it prevents the loss of energy for a rather low price. It also allows Odin City to disperse more than 20 packets per second when you are generating that much energy.
5. Relay: only useful in certain situations, but when you do need them, there's nothing else that can help you out (except for bridging).

Military:
1. Blaster: cheap and versatile. Essential to conquer new territory and capping emitters. Also effective against spores when used right.
2. Drones: do more damage than mortars for the same amount of energy, but have to be targeted manually and can waste their ammunition when used for shallow pools. Also great for supporting an assault with blasters.
3. Mortar: smarter than drones, but use more energy. An advantage is that their need for energy is continuous, instead of drones who demand a lot at once when refuelling. (De)activating is a useful feature, but can also be considered a pain in the *ss. Can be used as drones by sending them out on a bombing run into creeper territory; just let them fire a few shots and return them to base before they're out of health or ammo.
4. SAM: cheap but only useful against spores. Can be replaced by blasters in certain situations.

But again, it really depends on the situation. I can imagine maps for which I would list all units in reverse order.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

J

In the hurt/heal the collectors and blasters have won.

ontheworld

civilian: collector, neccesary for infrastrucure as well as energy

military: blaster, cheap on every part, caps, cheapest to replace after sending into creeper

Mare

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 30, 2010, 08:52:34 AM
Of course it depends on the type of map you play, but in general (and assuming you go for the highscore):

Civilian:
1. Collector: great connectivity, relatively cheap energy and cheapest way to advance.
2. Reactor: I use them for every map unless there's plenty of space to build (but that's rare for most hard maps). CW is maybe more about energy than about creeper. ;)
3. Speed: it doesn't only prevent your blasters from running dry, but also speeds up the building process when you have a large network.
4. Storage: a bit underestimated by many players, because it prevents the loss of energy for a rather low price. It also allows Odin City to disperse more than 20 packets per second when you are generating that much energy.
5. Relay: only useful in certain situations, but when you do need them, there's nothing else that can help you out (except for bridging).

Military:
1. Blaster: cheap and versatile. Essential to conquer new territory and capping emitters. Also effective against spores when used right.
2. Drones: do more damage than mortars for the same amount of energy, but have to be targeted manually and can waste their ammunition when used for shallow pools. Also great for supporting an assault with blasters.
3. Mortar: smarter than drones, but use more energy. An advantage is that their need for energy is continuous, instead of drones who demand a lot at once when refuelling. (De)activating is a useful feature, but can also be considered a pain in the *ss. Can be used as drones by sending them out on a bombing run into creeper territory; just let them fire a few shots and return them to base before they're out of health or ammo.
4. SAM: cheap but only useful against spores. Can be replaced be blasters in certain situations.

But again, it really depends on the situation. I can imagine maps for which I would list all units in reverse order.
I only meant one building per type but you gave them all, Good detailed list and a reason, Thank You
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

UpperKEES

Yeah, I can become a little too enthusiastic about this game every now and then (but never more than 5 times per day ;D).

With just 1 unit per category you'd only be seeing the collector and blaster mentioned I guess....

Mare

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 30, 2010, 01:38:34 PM
Yeah, I can become a little too enthusiastic about this game every now and then (but never more than 5 times per day ;D).

With just 1 unit per category you'd only be seeing the collector and blaster mentioned I guess....
You are right, and I really don't want it to be that boring.

ontheworld

i must say though, there isn't an actual "most useful"

try beating Ix without drones...

UpperKEES

Yeah, you can create a map with a special role for any unit in mind. The Squad Leader focusses on relays & SAMs; look where they are in my list. ;)

SPIFFEN

I think it all depend of how the map is .
Do you have the low or high ground , and how the terrain on the rest of the map is .

And where you put Towers is usally very important , so they do harm the creepers as much as possibel .
Usally you need to move the Towers around to make them do so ,
but that might make you use the pause option alot ,
and it's needed to make an nice score i guess .

So i say Blaster and storage ,
but Mortar and Drone might be my favorite towers =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

mthw2vc

Quote from: ontheworld on July 01, 2010, 04:49:15 AM
i must say though, there isn't an actual "most useful"

try beating Ix without drones...
Not that hard... That's how I did it the first time when I thought blasters were better for everything. Try beating it on double-down without drones... Doable, but much tougher. I see your point, though. Levels can be made to make almost any type of building the most useful.

Collectors: They're already the most useful building in most cases. Just give plenty of space and voila!
Relays: Rough terrain and rivers make this one useful.
Storage: Most maps where this is the most useful building have very limited space.
Speed: Force the player to use a long, winding path to the battlefield.
Reactor: Limit the space the player can secure and these will become more useful.
Blaster: A map with relatively flat terrain is best for the blaster.
Mortar: Several deep pools with moderately strong emitters are needed to make a mortar significantly better than a drone without too much micromanagement.
SAM: High intensity spores or limited space. are typically needed to make this better than blasters for spores.
Drone: Strong emitters in deep pools will make this a very useful tool.

F0R

Collector. Unless your a pro with realays and reactors it is extremely hard to beat levels without them

danable24

civilian
on a hard map
1. reactor
2collecter
thats about it
military
1blaster (always u would get owned without them ;))
2. mortars
3 drones
4 watever i missed

skimmer

civilian - reactor, because if you dont have much space, you can use these instead of collectors.

military - Blaster, so simple but so effective
I am in the shadows, waiting to strike, i am a...

NINJA!!!!

ontheworld

Quote from: skimmer on August 15, 2010, 08:31:11 AM
civilian - reactor, because if you dont have much space, you can use these instead of collectors.

how must you connect stuff with only reactors ???