AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Story Ep. 3 Tech Base

Author: Blaze

Desc:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=3654.new#new

See there if a score isn't posted.

As it says Ep. 3 Finally continued it.

Blaze

Credit goes to mthw2vc for testing my map when I didn't have time to.
Thanks mthw2vc your a big help.

Sqaz

I liked the concept of those rivers, but it was very easy, you don't need to build any weapons or reactors as you get everything from the start. And then it's just connecting the totems, as the creeper is also to weak to be a threat.

mthw2vc

Well, that depends on whether or not you move the city. I never said it was hard, although I knew while testing it that using the pre-move the city bug it would be possible to pwn this map. However, even if it isn't too terribly difficult, it is an interesting style of level.

Sqaz

I didn't move the city, I think you would lose a lot of time by doing that.
There is enough time to just connect build some collectors and relays to connect with the other blasters and stop the creeperflow on the other side in time.

Another thing: if you'd move the city you'd have to bridge way to much, as you wouldn't have the relay tech.

mthw2vc

Yes, I did notice that. I was well aware of the fact that there was time to get over there, but you can work a lot faster about it by bridging in 3 places. I seem to recall getting a time of <2 minutes when I tried it.

UpperKEES

This is a quite unordinary looking map; I like the looks of it. Luckily 'fractured energy' is my speciality. ;)

NB: didn't abuse the 'move city bug' or bridging either.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Toaster

Played this map way too conservative. Nice terrain, Interesting map! Thanks!

Blaze

Wow! My first map to have 7+ on topic* comments!  :o
Thanks for the feedback, really makes me want to get started on the next already!  ;D
And thats exactly what I was going organic yet constructed terrain and an interesting map.
Glad everyone likes it.   :)
If you guessed that the next map(s) will be indoors, your right!  :D

*non-flame(ish)