Custom Map: The Great Plains

Started by AutoPost, May 09, 2010, 08:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: The Great Plains

Author: bennieee

Desc:
Not really difficult, but it will take you quite some time!

Karsten75

This map has potential - to be the most boring map ever. I predict no-one will have the patience to sit here and wait for all those walls to be destroyed.

peter

It was 65 minutes before I fired my first shot.  Could have probably done this 5 minutes earlier but walking the dog was more fun than waiting for the walls to be gone far enough.

A lot of walls is an interesting concept, but the least you could have done is made the emitters stronger so there was something to do while waiting.

When I download a map I normally play it several times, this one I can honestly say I will never play again.

Webster Jade

Wow, incredibly boring.  Compared to this paint drying is intense.  Good concept but the emitters need to be stronger or try and place an emitter in the middle of the walls.  Putting the walls on a lower level and filling a big pool would be good as well.  But the waiting is killing me.

Karsten75

I'm frankly stunned that 3  4 people bothered to sit there for 70 minutes while the creeper eroded those walls.

UpperKEES

Heheh, probably the only way to create a map within the 60-120 minutes time frame....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

peter

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 10, 2010, 12:39:08 PM
I'm frankly stunned that 3  4 people bothered to sit there for 70 minutes while the creeper eroded those walls.

Well, I cooked lunch, went to the store, took the dog for a walk and did some laundry while it was destroying walls.  Multi-tasking makes maps like this one just fly past!

NNR_Alex

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 10, 2010, 01:29:46 PM
Heheh, probably the only way to create a map within the 60-120 minutes time frame....

or play reaver2010's maps, those can be brutal with creeper intensity.

UpperKEES

BermanPost

Dethroned; or at least removed from the 60-120min category.  Had to play it twice because I missed it by a minute the first time.  If I did not have my laptop to let the game run instead of sitting there and watching I would not have even played once.  A few minor tweaks and I managed to connect all the totems just under the wire.

If I played again (no chance) I could probably shave a bit more time off, but not much.

UpperKEES

OMG! Andrew, you played a map created by somebody else! :o (And what a map! ;))

Quote from: BermanPost on July 12, 2010, 06:42:27 PM
Dethroned; or at least removed from the 60-120min category.

Oh, I see.... so you are the only one with a map in the 60-120 minute timeframe....  ::)

BermanPost

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 12, 2010, 09:51:09 PM
OMG! Andrew, you played a map created by somebody else! :o (And what a map! ;))

Quote from: BermanPost on July 12, 2010, 06:42:27 PM
Dethroned; or at least removed from the 60-120min category.

Oh, I see.... so you are the only one with a map in the 60-120 minute timeframe....  ::)

I play other people's maps, I usually just do not post scores unless I have the new best time; which tends to happen most for maps where the current score is over an hour.  If that just so happens to leave me alone in that 60-120min category; well, I doubt I will be alone for long :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: BermanPost on July 12, 2010, 11:29:02 PM
I doubt I will be alone for long :)

I gave it a shot. Without the extensive use of eroding wall (like this map) that is, because it is possible to make a map last for months that way. People were already discussing that in the chat.

bobthebike

Had heart attack, went to hospital., had operation, came home and the walls were still there, Then I woke up and the walls were STILL there.

I think I'll take the heart attack

BoB