[Tutorial] So, you want to learn how to make maps in Particle Fleet
4 (33.3%)
[Library] The great library of Particlandia
4 (33.3%)
PRPL debugger: Trace you code step-by-step and see changes on stack & variables
5 (41.7%)
All Companies List
8 (66.7%)
Custom ship editor: build ships up to size 128x128 (v0.2.2)
3 (25%)
Custom Modules Thread
4 (33.3%)
PRPL: Syntax highlighter
3 (25%)
PRPL+ a PRPL language with local variables, script including and more (v0.2.1)
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 14, 2017, 02:30:46 PM

Karsten75

There are too many pinned topics in this forum. I'm looking to unpin topics. If a user has multiple topics pinned, an alternative would be to create one topic that links to their other topics and that single topic can remain pinned.

Voters can vote on those topics they least require to be permanently pinned. You do not need to use all your votes. Vote stuffing is prohibited. Sock puppets may not vote.

Topics above are listed in order of appearance for me, no particular importance should be inferred from order.

Edit: It's counter-productive, but I've temporarily pinned this topic. This topic is 100% eligible to be unpinned at the end of voting.

Dark Ambition

I think the following could be unpinned, as they fall under PRPL, they could all be linked in the Library. (Most already are)

[Tutorial] PRPL Programming video tutorial
Custom ship editor: build ships up to size 128x128
Custom Modules Thread
PRPL+ a PRPL language with local variables, script including and more (v0.2.1)

FOXX

good idea to put all the PRPL things into the Library.

Maybe leave a Tutorial Pin for the tutorials [i know more are coming]

That would reduce the number of pins.
[ps i didn't vote]
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

cpaca

My thought on what could be unpinned: 

[Library] The great library of Particlandia

Custom ship editor: build ships up to size 128x128 (v0.2.2)
Custom Modules Thread

Isn't there an area on the wiki for PRPL scripts made by people? [first one] 
The other 3 are the same program, really. Custom modules can be used in the custom ship editor [and personally, thats the only way I use custom modules] and the other two of those 3 are the same program, right?
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

J

There could be just one topic with links to some to be unpinned topics, as long as the title clearly indicates that the tools/tutorials/examples exist. Moving these to the wiki is indeed possible, but greatly reduces visibility, so a pinned main topic would still be helpful.

Sorrontis

I changed my votes.... because I can :)

But Seriously, the Library is probably the one that should be "super" pinned, as it links to most other things.

EDIT: I volunteer as tribute! You can unpin the "So you want to make Particle Fleet Maps" I have a link in  the Particlandia, if people are looking it'll be there.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

kajacx

While the library was no designed for this, it definetely can serve to host some "low-priority" pins. Needless to say, whichever topics will end up unpinned will be moved to the library, if they are not already there. I'll probably add "(previously pinned posts here)" to the title temporarly to make things more clear.

BTW I completely forgot there is a section called "script examples" or something like that on the wiki, I'll link that in the library and upload my scripts there as well.
EDIT: It seems there are only CRPL examples on the wiki, so I'll leave it as it is for now.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

Karsten75

Quote from: kajacx on November 10, 2017, 04:42:30 AM
BTW I completely forgot there is a section called "script examples" or something like that on the wiki, I'll link that in the library and upload my scripts there as well.
EDIT: It seems there are only CRPL examples on the wiki, so I'll leave it as it is for now.

Adding your scripts to the existing  libraries, or creating a new sections is a great idea. Either way will work. 

Karsten75

According to voting above, the following topics has now been unpinned:

- PRPL Programming video tutorial
- PRPL debugger: Trace you code step-by-step and see changes on stack & variables
- All Companies List
- PRPL+ a PRPL language with local variables, script including and more (v0.2.1)

I am also making the following topic non-sticky and asking the owner of the Library topic to add it there.