Custom Map: Lost Temple

Started by AutoPost, April 17, 2010, 07:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Lost Temple

Author: ItsFunToLose

Desc:
One of my finest. If you manage to finish the map (Took me over an hour) post a screenshot in the forums.

RichieRich

Just thought I would bump this as I just played it and it is an excellent map.

Nothwithstanding my terrible time  ;D

rchev

A useless, boring sweat-slog. What WERE you thinking?

UpperKEES

To get this topic back to what it should be about: just have a look at the old comments to get a good impression of the quality of this map.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

DethbyIT

Looking at those old comments gave me some ideas.

This is almost a "KEESian" map (not to be confused with that Economics guy).

I couldn't get my timing down right to leave OC in the upper right corner, so I made my connection down to the lower right and made the jump.

A fun game to play.
5x5.
dbit

knucracker

Ok, I am back now and have taken a few minutes to review rchev's posts.  At the time of review he has 23 posts and 4 of them are of a positive nature.  The rest are negative or neutral.  All are about custom maps and all are pretty brief.

Now mind you that I am coming at this with fairly fresh eyes since I don't (as of the last several months) track the daily talk about the custom maps.  My gut reaction is that I don't see anything really outrageous or derailing.  Rchev's posts can be rather blunt, but blunt statements are also easy to ignore (if you assume they were shot from the hip, so to speak).

Now I am also aware of the old adage 'if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all'.  Wise words, in my experience.  I also understand if you are the author of a map and your first comment is the equivalent of "awful", it can be frustrating and demoralizing.  Heck, I still get hate mail for nearly everything associated with both of my games (CR, and CW... and soon to be CW2 no doubt).  I still remember one comment about chopraider that was to the effect of "my toddler could make better looking graphics!"  It stung... especially since the dude obviously didn't get the whole whiteboard motif...

Anyway, you know I can understand your experience when you see that I still remember individual insults about a game I released 4 years ago :)

So I would like to ask rchev to keep in mind the considerations and reactions of others, in particular the map authors.  Does this mean he has to like all maps... of course not.  It does not, nor should it mean, that rchev or others should refrain from posting constructive criticism.  At the same time I'd ask everyone to also keep the perspective that rchev's comments are just the anonymous comments of one person.  This person could be 8 or 80, man or woman.  Not to insult rchev, but just to point out.... his comments really aren't that important.

This of course brings to mind Sayre's Law. :)  If you have ever worked in academia (I have... briefly I might add), you know this well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayre's_Law

Grauniad

A number of adverse off-topic posts have been moved out of this thread. They can be found here and will provide context for Virgil's response in this thead.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

DethbyIT

Laughing! <mostly at myself>

I just checked and I think "ItsFunToLose" has give me plenty of things to do while we wait for the release of CW2.

Check it out:
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=ItsFunToLose

dbit

ItsFunToLose

LOL wow, after a year (or two?) of absence, I was just browsing comments.  Glad to see my map inspired a flame war.  Good job to anyone who completed this map.  Most fun i've had creating a map for any game.

Its amazing how some of you solve this game.  I'm blown away by the times posted on the maps i've made.  BLOWN AWAY.

Ebon Heart

rchev had it coming for a while. It was really his comment more than anything... he hates all maps. lol.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Sen_ga

This is by far the worst map I managed to finish.
I just loved it.
Thanks!