This is probably the most exciting thing I've heard all week!
Some initial questions:
1. Will the drones from CW2 make an appearance in this game?
2. Will ore still be needed be needed for anti-creeper production? Will anti-Creeper emitters show up?
3. Will there be repulsor-like units in this game? What about shields?
4. Will there be a hotkey system for selecting user-defined groups of units? Like how most RTS games use Ctrl-# to define a group and # to select that group again?
5. What are those purple-spikey units by what looks like an Odin City equivalent? What about those units with the blue centers and red feet?
More questions to come as I think of them!
Good luck, Virgil. I'm eagerly awaiting any and all news on how development.
1: Drones won't exactly being coming back, but I will experiment with discrete units. I also plan to experiment with hybrid units that are between discrete and Creeper based....
2: My plans right now are to eliminate 'ore' and move straight to producing AntiCreeper (or other variants...) directly from the Rigs. This will stream line the process and eliminate the middle man. It does mean that you have to handle the AntiCreeper as it is produced and conduct it to storage tanks via pipelines. But, I think this will be cooler and more interesting. This is one of the potential additions to the game that I'm really excited to play with.
3: I do plan to have field based units. Their exact form (from shield to black holes) is still all experimental.
4: Yes. Along with drag selection, double click selection, and shift-click to add/remove units from groups.
5:Those are Reactors and Collectors in the screen shots. These were two things that worked out really well in CW1, so my plan is to bring them back. You don't see network lines between structures in the screen shots since I've not implemented those parts yet.