Moderator Comments on Maps

Started by RichieRich, September 20, 2011, 01:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Quote from: RichieRich on October 23, 2011, 02:22:49 PM
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=8523.msg57150#msg57150

I'm also not happy with this. What happened to 'constructive criticism'?

I don't like it when one person implies to speak for all of us, which certainly isn't true. I feel that a completely wrong impression is given about the map mods in general. When I would read these kind of comments as a first time map maker I would certainly start to dislike this 'elitist community'.

CW2 needs much more maps! Stop complaining about taste and just play the ones you like!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

TonyP2000

I personally agree as well as disagree with UpperKEES.

When a map mod writes a comment, they are unofficially representing the Knuckle Cracker team one way or another. Thus if one writes a rather negative comment, like the one shown a couple posts ago, they do give the entire team a bad image.

Believe me, as someone who's part time job is being a cashier, you come to learn quickly that the impression that you give the customer while serving them is very important because that is the impression that the customer walks out of the store with. Having said this, yes, their are a handful of customers that are rude and irrational. If I were to tell these customers to "get lost" or "next time, we won't be so nice", (not that anyone here has literally said that) not only would I lose my job, I would lose a customer for the store.

Although I do understand that one can be fed up of terrible maps (like a cashier can be fed up with annoying customers) but that does not mean that you should be rude or negative to them back.

It is simple customer service and public relations, and if we want our friend virgilw to be successful with his game (and why wouldn't we  ??? ) than we must respect his paying customers and offer to help them rather then berate them for making a poor map. You want them to continue playing, not to give up because someone told them their map stinks.

A helpful and encouraging community will always make a game better, and will most definitely help to bring in new players as well as keep the old ones playing.

>Tony
Vote Tony!

UpperKEES

I noticed Virgil removed some off-topic posts (including one of mine) from the comments for this map, which is a good thing.

However I do have a problem with this line:

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 21, 2011, 01:32:04 PM
Initially none of us were going to approve this map. Consider yourself lucky. We might not be so lenient a second time round. :)

I think it's not correct when other people speak for me while I am not able to respond. This is why I like to emphasize here that I don't share this opinion and that any map meeting the criteria set by Virgil should be approved, regardless of taste.

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 24, 2011, 08:56:28 AM
Although I do understand that one can be fed up of terrible maps (like a cashier can be fed up with annoying customers) but that does not mean that you should be rude or negative to them back.

The main difference is that nobody has to play these maps. Checking the content is enough. When you decide to play it anyway, you're a player, not a map mod.

If you feel things could be improved, just post some tips how to achieve this. Negativity has never helped anyone.

I also wonder why some people think everyone else will share their opinion. I do like long slogs. I do like maps that make me think. I do like unconventional concepts. That annoying customer could very well be someone else's favourite customer. So please don't try to force your taste upon others. Just let everyone (and their maps) be.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview