Toggling/switches for random mode?

Started by sully, October 04, 2011, 03:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sully

I like using the experimental buildings, but it's a pain in the butt to cycle through 30 random maps or whatever until one that enables experimental mode pops up.

Is there any plan to allow us to select certain options, and then randomize a map with them?

If not, there should be-we can already choose complexity and size, why not add other things on top of that?  Sliding scale for the creeper emitters, phantoms enabled/disabled, quantity of phantoms, etc.

mpete

sounds good
but i think most have switched to custom maps
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Echo51

Before Virgil added in the preview screen to see things such as ore amount and if a map was experimental. The experimental side should still be functional, provided not alot has changed since code maps first surfaced.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13348293/HashCheck.swf
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

UpperKEES

I asked for a search feature as well (mainly to search for high intensity emitters), but I guess Virgil never got around to implementing this.

Minimum amount of emitters: 5
Minimum avg. emitter strength: 10 M
Minimum max. emitter strength: 100 M
Minimum amount of gateways: 3

[Search!]
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

Here's an idea: You usually have no idea if a code map is winnable when you start playing it.

So, if you see a map you like, simply save it right at the beginning, open it in the editor, add experimentals, or jack up emitter strength and voilĂ ! - you have a perfect map. If the map plays nice, put it up as a custom map and others can play it too.

If many people do this, the quality of custom maps can improve a lot.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Fisherck

Quote from: Grauniad on October 04, 2011, 09:06:51 PM
Here's an idea: You usually have no idea if a code map is winnable when you start playing it.

So, if you see a map you like, simply save it right at the beginning, open it in the editor, add experimentals, or jack up emitter strength and voilĂ ! - you have a perfect map. If the map plays nice, put it up as a custom map and others can play it too.

If many people do this, the quality of custom maps can improve a lot.

Viola indeed... :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.