New Unit Suggestions

Started by CobraKill, September 08, 2011, 08:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Things I have thought of. I'm sure people will say, no to overpowered! or whatever, just tell me what you think.

(Yes I miss my drones)

A cannon that takes energy (50 to build, 10 to fire) and Anti-creeper (set by slider, min of 1,000, max. of 1,000,000) It sucks both those up and fires personal Phantoms at a spot you chose (3 per shot) with a spread of 11 (could be modified). Look here for a simalair idea.

Do I dare even say this?

Col...Col...C...C...Collectors! See Pic:

I liked the prospect of mines in CW1

Bring them back! Maybe have a density they fire at, and the user could set were 5 mortar bombs fire.

Also have a mortar factory (40 to build, 5 packets per mine) Set anywere with in the Beacon's range. Set through creeper up to 100,000 in density and stay there until it activiates. Look here for a simaliar idea.

Drone Gun: Title (30 to build, blaster to run)

Fractal Buildings

1. Fractal Totem: When connected things will shut off or turn on (ie. Feilds, Feild Actions, Fractal weapon)

2. Fractal Weapons: when the player connects to a totem, one of these turn on. Can't be placed, only in the map editor. (One for each weapon) Requsts same amount of running energy as the regular weapon. Stronger, invinble versions of the base weapon.

Last one I promise.

A critical building: If this building is destroyed you lose, defend it with your life.

New Mission type: Fight for a certain time (ie. 10 min.) then rift off.

Thanks for Looking!

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Michionlion

I like the cannon idea-very interesting and way more balanced then the other ones.  the drone gun is good too, but collectors are not in cw2 because it produced balancing issues.  new mission type might be cool, don't know about crit buildings though.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

When Virgil started developing CW2 he implemented collectors as well, but this didn't turn out as expected (digging versus projection).

A critical building is called a capsule.... ;)

I like the idea of a switch (your fractal totem) though. MadMag suggested this as well. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 08, 2011, 03:08:22 PM
I like the idea of a switch (your fractal totem) though. MadMag suggested this as well. :)
+1 and I'm still praying for programmable fields....
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

When Virgil started developing CW2 he implemented collectors as well, but this didn't turn out as expected (digging versus projection).

I recalled that after I posted the image. I meant as a Critical Building like a reactor. Where you dont have to save it just protect and maybe even use iu
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

J

You can 'collect' a capsule, mayby you can't with a critical building.

+1 for fractal buildings, but here I miss the negative effect (you don't have to activate it when only bad thing will happen)

UpperKEES

There's another critical building. Let's make it a riddle.

A capsule can't move and has to be collected.

The second critical building can move and can't be collected.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 09, 2011, 12:01:15 PM
There's another critical building. Let's make it a riddle.

A capsule can't move and has to be collected.

The second critical building can move and can't be collected.
ooh! ooh! I know! The Liberation Ship! :D

UpperKEES

1 point for Ebon Heart. ;)

Edit:

There's a third: like a capsule it can't move and has to be collected (if specified in the mission settings), but unlike a capsule it does have a useful function: the bunker.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 09, 2011, 12:16:07 PM
1 point for Ebon Heart. ;)
Sweet! Am I winning? :D Wait, I think there's a riddle thread somewhere.... *goes out to find it*

lich98

Question? what would the factol aloy wepons be
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: lich98 on September 10, 2011, 04:59:59 PM
Question? what would the factol aloy wepons be
First, learn to spell, or at least try to use the built in spellchecker.
Second, read the first post in the thread.
Quote from: CobraKill on September 08, 2011, 08:55:00 AM
2. Fractal Weapons: when the player connects to a totem, one of these turn on. Can't be placed, only in the map editor. (One for each weapon) Requsts same amount of running energy as the regular weapon. Stronger, invinble versions of the base weapon.

lich98

Could we make totems that add lets say a range boost too all items in there range.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

tugberk turkey

what to the patch file name  ??? and press link down :D

Grauniad

Quote from: tugberk turkey on September 25, 2011, 03:51:07 PM
what to the patch file name  ??? and press link down :D

Please choose an appropriate board and thread for your questions. Also, compose your questions in your native language and then use Google Translate to create English text that you can post here in the forum.

Sorularınız için uygun bir yönetim kurulu ve iplik Lütfen seçin. Ayrıca, kendi ana dilinde sorular oluşturmak ve sonra Google Çevir forumu burada yazılan İngilizce metin oluşturmak için kullanabilirsiniz.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon