Weekly history tournament - Einstein's Miracle Year (1905) - closing Nov. 7

Started by UpperKEES, November 01, 2010, 12:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Well ctuna looks like you win this week, I still can't figure out how you got 3 mins on sept, lol.  ::)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

ctuna

Not so fast, Colin. Looking at the posted scores, UpperKEES has come home just in time, I suspect, to wipe us all out again. He simply hasn't posted the numbers on the forum. I'm still baffled by the Mar 18 scores. I guess we'll find out soon.

Colin

I thought the tournament ended 12:01am Monday nov 8th forum time?  :-X

If it doesn't end then when does it end? maybe I misunderstood the rules, let me go read them again.

QuoteEvery competitor will have until Sunday evening at midnight (forum time*) to set the best scores/times for these 5 maps, all linked together by their common theme, so there's no need to subscribe; just start playing! The winner (best total score) gets to pick a new theme from the list of proposed themes by the community in this topic and publish the dates to be played before Monday evening at midnight (forum time).

To me this says. . . Everyone that wants to participate should post
their scores by Sunday night (11:59PM). Then the winner has another
24 hours to post the next round of maps. (Monday 12:00AM-11:59PM)

Do these tournaments run in 6 7 or 8 day increments. . .  ???

If KEES wins he wins but if this hasn't been clarified before lets clarify it
this week so there is no more confusion, unless I'm the only one confused
at the moment.  ;)

ctuna

Well, I can't tell from the scores when anyone finished the maps. KEES  might have done them just for fun, after the deadline. Perhaps as an administrator, he can see the times. I don't see that it says you have to post your scores on the forum, so I guess we'll find out when he tallies the scores and reports on the results.

Grauniad

Quote from: ctuna on November 08, 2010, 01:41:17 PM
Well, I can't tell from the scores when anyone finished the maps. KEES  might have done them just for fun, after the deadline. Perhaps as an administrator, he can see the times. I don't see that it says you have to post your scores on the forum, so I guess we'll find out when he tallies the scores and reports on the results.

If you hover your mouse over a score, the posting date/time will appear in a tooltip.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

ctuna

Pyxis_GeeK

Quote from: Grauniad on November 08, 2010, 02:10:46 PM
If you hover your mouse over a score, the posting date/time will appear in a tooltip.

I must be doing something wrong but I dont see a tooltip. I tried at home and at work and cant get anything to pop up.

Edit: The tooltip only works in the Chronum maps section.

Colin

Well I'm looking at the scores on the maps this week, and I see:

1.   March 18, 1905          UpperKEES - 3:29       
2.   May 11, 1905             UpperKEES - 3:21
3.   June 30, 1905            UpperKEES - 1:50
4.   August 19, 1905         UpperKEES - 1:49
5.   September 27, 1905    UpperKEES - 2:29

For a total of: 12:58

So I think KEES wins if his scores are validated by him for posting late/not posting.
I think this is really silly, lol, KEES should just come out and say "My scores don't
count" or "My scores count" I don't care, just pick one.  ;)

UpperKEES

My apologies for the delay, I had some things to take care of.

My scores have been sent in too late; I just couldn't make it to get home in time to submit them. This means ctuna wins the tournament when I read the above posts. Please send me a PM with next weeks theme.

I'll post it after calculating the final results for last weeks theme (which will be soon).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

ctuna

Done. However, I'm willing to go with Colin's maps this week, if others are. He took the initiative to keep us going. I can wait until I get lucky again. It's up to the group, imo.

UpperKEES

Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score

1.ctuna47422
2.Colin47402
3.Katra46291
4.mopa4245582
5.Tasonir45391
6.Izz45057
7.L'ythelle43419
8.chretip43314
9.Pezzle43217
10.Wally41093
11.Fisherck28270*
12.Siccles19089*
13.Alwego18425*
14.Absolutis17032*
15.RookieShin07901*
16.UpperKEES47933**

*   Did not finish all maps.
** Did not finish all maps in time.

Quote from: ctuna on November 09, 2010, 10:51:10 AM
Done. However, I'm willing to go with Colin's maps this week, if others are. He took the initiative to keep us going. I can wait until I get lucky again. It's up to the group, imo.

I think it's up to you. If you like you can post a new topic with a new theme. If you don't you can keep playing Colin's alternative, but I don't like to break with the tradition of a themed tournament.

ctuna

Ok, I was in a hurry and didn't read all the threads connected with this issue. I'm for the rules as much as the next guy. I'm humbled by this rare opportunity.

I've selected the birth dates of the original Star Trek Crew, and emailed them to UpperKEES. I'll post my solutions as soon as I figure out how. Some will be pretty poor, so I'm hoping the real answers from the really low-time folks (you know who you are).

UpperKEES

Can you please post the new tournament topic yourself? It has always been my intention for the winner to do so and now I don't have as much time as usual I think I should leave it up to the winner (or runner up when applicable) to set it up.

When you like to use a table you may want to quote one of the previous tournament posts and use that table as a start, but it's no big deal if you don't. The main advantage of using tables is the ability to format nice columns.

When posting solutions you can just attach up to 5 images to your post (use the reply button and click 'Additional Options'). After posting you can edit your post and refer to attached pictures by using the IMG tags (second icon from the left above the smileys). Quoting a previous solution post will indicate how to do this.

Colin

Kamron3

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 09, 2010, 09:48:15 AM
My apologies for the delay, I had some things to take care of.

My scores have been sent in too late; I just couldn't make it to get home in time to submit them. This means ctuna wins the tournament when I read the above posts. Please send me a PM with next weeks theme.

I'll post it after calculating the final results for last weeks theme (which will be soon).

KEES: you actually submitted the scores at the right time.

DST happens in the server down in Texas no matter what country you live in, so technically the scores were posted within the allotted time span, so if my thinking is correct, you won the tourney.