Main Menu

shields

Started by superzip, December 25, 2009, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBuilder

nice comment and idea corgano, the thing is though, if it were universal, then ud only need one, so it would kinda be like thor, not to mention the creeper would not be able to destroy the thing alowing u to utilize the shields, the shield building, (SB).  But ur way of doing it would also work, though then ur shield would cover more ground making it eaiser to position
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

set678

wow this has a lot of comments  :)  ;)  :D  ;D

thomaswarner

Quote from: TheBuilder on January 29, 2010, 12:38:27 AM
nice comment and idea corgano, the thing is though, if it were universal, then ud only need one, so it would kinda be like thor, not to mention the creeper would not be able to destroy the thing alowing u to utilize the shields, the shield building, (SB).  But ur way of doing it would also work, though then ur shield would cover more ground making it eaiser to position
but it can only send so many packets at once, and only so fast, and I like his idea

The Creep Destroyer

My idea of a "sheild" would be to have a, basicly a repairable wall. It would form a Half dome as in like this ( over X area, any creeper touching it causes the usual damage to the shields which would have 2x the hp of a blaster but would be repairable by *shield packets* each packet restors 1hp, and lets say the shield has *20* each additional square of shield the creeper is touching would increse the drain of hp.

Summing it all up now
Shield Cost 75
Shield health = 2 20
Radius coverage in a Half Circle
1 packet of shield = 1 hp of shield

Basicly you can also choose how much the shield covers, so you can deploy one shield to cover a small gap, and consintrate all the power into the gap, or use one shield to cover a huge *thor sized* half circle but, it would have the same health and die quickly if a lot creeper pushes on it.
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

UpperKEES

I think we should leave things like cost and health to Virgil as he did a wonderful job in balancing the game up to now. These are not the kind of things that you make up in a split second, just because a certain number looks nice. You have to look at the effects of the shield on all structures and kind of calculate it's pay-back time.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

The smoking revolver

one more thing...

Maybe a sheild could be like a drone sort of thing.
it could drop those cheap green walls into the greeper to stop it temporarly.
Or you could have it drop crazoniom walls,but there would be less of them and they would cost more
There is always a I in team

Twi

*looks at topic*
*reads whole topic*
*decides topic is not quite dead yet*

Area of effect shields: good. I think that's been discussed to death.

Building shields: probably not so much

New idea: Shields that go from one building to another. Like, you place a shield building, then you place another shield building, then you build that and power a shield between them with ammo packets. It would drain energy when touched by creeper, and would be used like the rest of the shields. And block creeper, of course. Although less of a 'shield' as most people think of it and more of a laser wall, it's similar enough to go here, if you ask me.

Thoughts?
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

TheBuilder

already been disscused to death too, =P.   loz
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Twi

Didn't seem like it.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

The smoking revolver

this is like that floodgate idea
There is always a I in team