Custom Map: Nice Job 25: The Developer

Started by AutoPost, July 11, 2010, 05:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

I'm sure it wasn't the map, so could there be something wrong with your computer? Did you update Adobe AIR to the latest version recently by any chance? If so, please read here. Lagging for more than 10 seconds is typical behaviour for that version and can be avoided by downgrading. When you've built a lot of structures you might experience some lag (measured in milliseconds) or a somewhat slower game speed, but 20 seconds is ridiculous. I'm surprised you were still able to finish, especially with these pods in section 5....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Mr.Grumpy

i finally did it! (after about 50 tries).

kees, you take the maps to another level!

and like melissa, i don't think i'll be trying to do it again anytime soon!

(that's a compliment)

UpperKEES

50 tries? :o I admire your perseverance!

And thanks! :)

Miss Melissa

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 13, 2010, 02:11:20 AM
I'm sure it wasn't the map, so could there be something wrong with your computer? Did you update Adobe AIR to the latest version recently by any chance? If so, please read here. Lagging for more than 10 seconds is typical behaviour for that version and can be avoided by downgrading. When you've built a lot of structures you might experience some lag (measured in milliseconds) or a somewhat slower game speed, but 20 seconds is ridiculous. I'm surprised you were still able to finish, especially with these pods in section 5....

actually i did update it last week and noticed lag right away, but just cursed and dealt with it. i used a link from the forum u posted, i hope it works. thank you.
yes 20 secs is ridiculous, im just glad i was able to finish it. id say 98% of my frustration was from the lag, and 2% the starting, that was rough. so good map, bad adobie!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Miss Melissa on July 13, 2010, 02:49:55 AM
actually i did update it last week and noticed lag right away, but just cursed and dealt with it. i used a link from the forum u posted, i hope it works. thank you.

You're welcome. But ehm, didn't I advise you to read more topics at the forums? ::) Would have saved you a lot of trouble.... On the other hand you admitted to be a stubborn lady, so I guess it suits you. ;D

Quote from: Miss Melissa on July 13, 2010, 02:49:55 AM
yes 20 secs is ridiculous, im just glad i was able to finish it. id say 98% of my frustration was from the lag, and 2% the starting, that was rough. so good map, bad adobie!

Merci beaucoup. :) I'm sorry about your time. The good thing is that it wasn't your nor my fault and if your Adobe downgrade works out fine this was your last laggy map. Too bad you weren't playing an easy one.... ;)

Miss Melissa

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 13, 2010, 02:54:58 AM
You're welcome. But ehm, didn't I advise you to read more topics at the forums? ::) Would have saved you a lot of trouble.... On the other hand you admitted to be a stubborn lady, so I guess it suits you. ;D

Hey, dont be one of those "i told yah so" ppl..   ::)  let a stubborn woman do, what a stubborn woman likes to do.  ;D

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 13, 2010, 02:54:58 AM
Merci beaucoup. :)
Bienvenue monsieur.  :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: Miss Melissa on July 13, 2010, 04:21:21 AM
let a stubborn woman do, what a stubborn woman likes to do. ;D

I guess you're right.... I would get into trouble with almost every woman....

Damn! I do! Hahaha! ;D

Miss Melissa

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 13, 2010, 04:41:27 AM

I guess you're right.... I would get into trouble with almost every woman....

Damn! I do! Hahaha! ;D

well smarten up! whats better, being right or being happy?  :P hehe ;D

UpperKEES

Quote from: Miss Melissa on July 13, 2010, 05:27:29 AM
well smarten up! whats better, being right or being happy?  :P hehe ;D

Hmmm, I guess being happy. I just don't understand why women can be both at the same time and men can't.... ;)

F0R

SPIFFEN

I'm way to slow to manage this map , i lose the pod at 3:47 every time =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Quote from: F0R on July 16, 2010, 02:09:11 AM
Curse this map

Heheh! Yeah, it ain't easy, but it isn't supposed to be. That said bear in mind that the first section is definitely the hardest. (So the good thing is that restarting the map is only necessary after just a couple of minutes of game play.)

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 16, 2010, 05:52:19 AM
I'm way to slow to manage this map , i lose the pod at 3:47 every time =P

Are you able to get to the drone base in time? Or don't you just have enough energy to fuel it? Or does bombing section 5 not help you? Or did you maybe not even think of drone bombing section 5? ;)

SPIFFEN

I think i do something wrong in the start and use to much time on that ,
so i cant even get to the Drone in time , guess i can't stay cool enought =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

UpperKEES

Spoiler
You need only 5 units to connect to the drone base (4 collectors and 1 blaster). You also need a second blaster to clear the area above Odin City, but you can use that somewhere else later on.
[close]

Does that help you?

SPIFFEN

It should =) , i'll find out next time i try the map =P
I have been making 2 Blasters very soon so far ,
so thats might be why i use to much time .
How to make links