Started by AutoPost, July 29, 2010, 10:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Wide Open Spaces

Author: Ridal

Desc:
wide open space - one strong emitter

km

First time I've trumped other scores so convincingly! This solution could easily have been prevented.

Toaster

Yep, can't get much better than 42 seconds.... Locking the city would have solved the problem.....

SPIFFEN

There is an bug that makes the lock city usless .
So it's better to find other ways to prevent fast finnishing .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

km

Indeed, some well-placed crazonium would have done the trick.

waqar

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 30, 2010, 07:43:32 PM
There is an bug that makes the lock city usless .
So it's better to find other ways to prevent fast finnishing .

what bug?

UpperKEES

Quote from: km on July 30, 2010, 08:43:47 AM
First time I've trumped other scores so convincingly! This solution could easily have been prevented.

I really don't understand people that are proud of beating others by abusing an undocumented bug (that will be gone soon anyway). I can't prevent people from using it, but please, what is so çonvincingly about it? Just the fact that you read about it here on the forums?

Of course this bug can be prevented from being used, but please realize that locking the city is already invented for this same reason (so the terrain can stay the same). You can't expect every new map maker to go over every single forum topic to find out all these cheap tricks.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 31, 2010, 04:53:27 PM
Quote from: km on July 30, 2010, 08:43:47 AM

I really don't understand people that are proud of beating others by abusing an undocumented bug (that will be gone soon anyway). I can't prevent people from using it, but please, what is so çonvincingly about it? Just the fact that you read about it here on the forums?

Of course this bug can be prevented from being used, but please realize that locking the city is already invented for this same reason (so the terrain can stay the same). You can't expect every new map maker to go over every single forum topic to find out all these cheap tricks.

Getting a 42 second score on this map does not exploit a bug. The author didn't lock the city down, plain and simple. That makes it fair game. There are many maps that absolutely rely on flying the city to achieve victory. There are even more maps where flying the city gives top scores - some of these even within the in-game story maps.

UpperKEES

Oh, never mind then. I should have checked the map myself first. Spiffen's comment gave me the impression the bug was being abused again.

But ehm, why are you telling me that high scores can be obtained by flying the city? Don't you know me or something?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 31, 2010, 06:50:44 PM
Don't you know me or something?

I'll take the "or something"  for 50, Kees. 

_BierNot_

how to solve this map in 0 min 42 sec?

Karsten75

Did you even read the posts preceding yours in this very same thread?