Desc:
what a huricane looks like on the radar

Colin

I like the concept to have a "hurricane", you did pretty
well simulating it. However the map as is the map uses
way too many pre-built units, and the map could have
been smaller for the same effect.

Please try to think about how many buildings, and room
is necessary next time. Its still a pretty good map. ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

oodie

ya...haha i left it going on acciedent and got over an hour+i got more than 25,000 upgrade points :)

oodie

and also i didnt want people to compain about the map size and since you can only make it smaller by deleting the bottom,i just addd the room

xing

Quote from: oodie on September 28, 2011, 09:27:30 PM
and also i didnt want people to compain about the map size and since you can only make it smaller by deleting the bottom,i just addd the room
The FACT remains that the size of the map and the amount of units DOES impact the speed of the game - I have a fairly decent PC and this map did slow down for me - I hate to think what it would do on some peoples laptops

there is a lot of waisted space on this map wit all the pre-built units that aren't all needed

If your aim was to give the player al;most infinite energy and tec you could have just given them 99999999 crystal energy and tec points and deleted the top half of the map and it would have run allot smother

If you really want to actually become a decent map maker you should be able to listen to the people who actually took the time to try your maps and take on what truth there is in what they are saying, you COULD actually make some good maps if you started listening to others not ignoring them

I hope you will not ignore us and that we can see a good map from you soon and hopefully one with more variety of play

oodie

well yes i do understand,but i cant just delete the top half of the screen,so i just put that there...and also even on a really slow computer,it wont take moe than 5-10 minutes because it is a fast to beat type of map.i also listen to people...thats WHY i added so many units...it was about 1/4 units before this but the top wasnt used...i just didnt want people to complain about all the extra room :/

Fisherck

Quote from: oodie on September 29, 2011, 04:23:08 PM
well yes i do understand,but i cant just delete the top half of the screen,so i just put that there...and also even on a really slow computer,it wont take moe than 5-10 minutes because it is a fast to beat type of map.i also listen to people...thats WHY i added so many units...it was about 1/4 units before this but the top wasnt used...i just didnt want people to complain about all the extra room :/

What he is trying to say and what I agree with is that instead of filling 2/3rds of the map with all those units, you should just give the player crystal energy and keep the map smaller.

What I don't understand about what you are saying is that you had to fill that space with units. A map does not need to be 80 height. ;)
you could have moved the hurricane up to the the top of the map. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

oodie

i would have done that but really,it was hard to make the creeper and hurricane like that...plus that was my second time playing and the rejection letter said that i should stop making my map have so much open room so i just put the units there...it wasnt really entened to have unlimited rescources

Grun

Oddie dont think they trying to put you down, the ideas you coming up with in your maps is great, sometimes its best to mess about with an idea and see how it pans out and then recreate from scratch such as I belive case here. Im no expert on the editor but i belive you can move fields up quite easily which you could have done and then move emmiter, would have taken an extra minitue or 2 but would have been a great improvement.

Think I played most of your maps and they all good, cant wait for the day I can say that there great and I dont think that day is too far away.

Grun

crazyone76

Quote from: oodie on September 30, 2011, 04:15:27 PM
i would have done that but really,it was hard to make the creeper and hurricane like that...plus that was my second time playing and the rejection letter said that i should stop making my map have so much open room so i just put the units there...it wasnt really entened to have unlimited rescources
I think you dont really understand what they mean with open space.
they mean that you dont need the space with the units and you dont have to place them to fill space becuase they still dont have any purpose.
they mean you have to make the height of the map smaller becuase people with a bad computer/laptop will lag becuase there is so much space
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oodie

ok,so we can all be clear i will list a couple of details about this map.First,i will say that the emitter wasnt making all the creeper.it was actually barely producing any.I added the creeper from scratch and you cant move that up.second,i submitted this map twice...the first didnt have the emmitter,most of the extra units,and about 90 upgrade points...it also didnt have on'ambient light' and the liberation ship was at the top of the map.third,if you have a bad computer,the maps time is still about 1-5 minutes game time so i doubt it would be more han 10 minutes in real time.this message is not hate of anykind.i doubt any one will read this,but if you  do,just wrote this so you could all understand. :)

F0R

I like this map, you did a very nice job on the emitter