Main Menu

Unit mess-up?

Started by Jay the Juggernaut, July 29, 2011, 03:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay the Juggernaut

While playing CW, I clicked on drone, then on Odin city, and here's what happened:

Sorry about the small size.
It displayed the drone launching image. This has happened before with SAMS (on the custom map Puzzling) where the SAMs area is that of Odin city (when clicked on) No image for this yet.

Not so much as support needed, just to let Mr.Wall know about this bug.
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P

MadMag

Sorry for offtopic, but that was a great looking map! where did you find it?

PS: if you click the image, wonders happen.

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: MadMag on July 29, 2011, 03:21:55 PM
Sorry for offtopic, but that was a great looking map! where did you find it?

PS: if you click the image, wonders happen.

Methinks it's your's :P

Michionlion

this has happened many time for me, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.  i think its just a display bug, getting the wrong unit selection image.  it only happens with oc though.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Jay the Juggernaut

Quote from: Michionlion on July 29, 2011, 06:29:41 PM
this has happened many time for me, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.  i think its just a display bug, getting the wrong unit selection image.  it only happens with oc though.

Yeah, because when I try to replicate it with just units, it doesn't ever work. So far, it has only happened with SAMs and drones.

mthw2vc

Known for a long time and easily replicable. The city and drones normally apply a filter to the cursor that allows you to target the drone/move the city so it doesn't look like you're trying to move an object the size of a blaster or aiming with one. (There is another filter that drones use when not fully charged.) If you click near the edge of another unit after deselecting the city or drone and the unit in question is near an obstruction such that it would not be able to move there, you get an effect similar to the one you have observed.

Jay the Juggernaut

Wow. That's interesting.. so your saying (I'm not very good with REALLY large words  ;) ) that it deals with the filter... and there's a similar effect that prevents units from moving because the system  thinks it's as big as Odin city?

Jeff

Never really had any problems with that but is this the first time that this happen.