[spoilers] what will you do in the editor

Started by superzip, May 24, 2011, 06:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ontheworld

And disabling nullifiers is a great idea towards some of the problems dicussed there

Ebon Heart

I'd like to see the ability to put in shields with custom health values.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

ontheworld

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on May 28, 2011, 04:39:43 PM
I'd like to see the ability to put in shields with custom health values.

Don't forget they're just buildings though

Ebon Heart

I know. But it'd still be nice in some cases.

Ranakastrasz

Id like the ability to change all the stats of buildings, including whether or not they must be mounted, and if so, which directions would be possible. A Terrain type that would have the 4 corners solid, but the rest not would be really cool, as packets and creeper could go through, but buildings could not (Micro-rifts anyone?) And naturally they would be invulnerable. Heck, making a porous terrain type could be interesting as well, lets creeper pass, but a slower rate, as this could allow for some interesting things.

Ebon Heart

I mentioned editing the properties of individual subcells earlier... and I don't think we should be allowed to mess with whether or not things need to be mounted... you don't want floating reactors/tech domes. What direction... that's fine. I'm sure more people than just me are excited to make super mario galaxy missions too.

ontheworld

direction's already in.

For those solid corners rock, I'm sure there has been a lot of discussion about it (and it'll probaply get in)

Ranakastrasz

I was thinking of making old skool Makers, that you have to mount, and are a lot more powerful than the ones we have now.

Ebon Heart

That could be doable... And I suppose a level where blasters and mortars had to be mounted could be difficult. And I kind of dislike the fact that makers are movable now... it takes a lot of the strategy out of it... it's so much more fun to have to place shields and repulsors to get the greeper where you need to it tog.

Krell

eh I still use them like they're mounted to avoid wasting all my ore. I place 6 or so on 4x speed and super fill a small chamber when I'm getting ready to make a really fast push in the next room.

Ebon Heart

I do that all the time. aww, fun with greeper. I'm gonna make a custom map where you'll get a mega greeper bomb.

TonyP2000

How bout set up some fields that will force the creeper to swirl around your base, slowing getting closer and closer and
I am certain that people are going to make the hell out of volcanoes.

Oh, oh, CREEPER NUKES!!!!   :o  ;D

Oh boy, People are going to be incredibly diabolical with this editor.   ;)

I personally want to put really crazy maps in my upcoming series and have the characters react to them funny.  :D
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

all ideas I've thought of... and trust me, my volcanoe will be awesome!

Krell

Hey Ebon, want to help me design the obstacle course map? I could use some help with this one since it's going to be a fair amount more complex.

Katra

I foresee land mines of creeper saturated ground.  ;D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!