Day 20 - Tips

Started by Gman, May 19, 2011, 10:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmote

I can't clear the upper layer on this map with Dark Beams, same as OP. I use only CB's and Nullifiers.

If I try to play it using Dark Beams, I run out of Energy - and that's before I even get to the Nexus.

Edit: Scratch that. Just managed to do it. ^^ Had just over 17k Crystals left.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

TonyP2000

So I finally completely took over the top layers, Its how do I take out those blasted drones in the Nexes's layer. Any good tips to beating that part?
Vote Tony!

Nemoricus

A good idea for that is to build a long shaft along the side of the Nexus chamber. Have one Dark Beam aimed down it, and a few more set in alcoves along the side. Then, open up the shaft at the very bottom of the Nexus chamber and activate the Dark Beams. It works well for destroying them all.

TonyP2000

I finally beat this one, this had to be the most dreadful final boss I have ever played in my life. I beat it with two dark beams shooting at the bottom and left emitters; an army of blasters; crap load of CBs.

You don't have to destroy every emitter to beat this one, but it probably helps.

I don't think I am ever doing this level again...   :-[

Needless to say, props to Virgil, this was a great game and challenging as well as engaging last boss.  :D
Vote Tony!