after playing the game, what do you want to see in the editor?

Started by thepenguin, May 14, 2011, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyP2000

You mean cubes that are at first invisible but once you dig up the cell of terrain that they are hidden in, then they become visible?

(40th post btw he he  :) )
Vote Tony!

J

Quote from: Krell on May 31, 2011, 11:47:06 AM
Quote from: J on May 31, 2011, 10:57:28 AM
Multi-color idea: an other bad creeper type that also works like anti-creeper against bad creeper
except I think the game reads creeper as + and greeper as - or vice versa. point being in numbers there is positive and negative, meaning adding another creeper type would be too much work for the amount of gain. Though color blending wouldn't be quite as hard if done right.
Greeper ready have negative values. So Virgil may could use -... when it hit greeper

thepenguin

great job guys, now we have to redefine the game's number system :)

+, -, and some other sign :)
We have become the creeper...

pixlepix

What about conditional fields that activate if there is creeper in a space, if it is lit up by beacons, if the nexus has x health, if an emitter is destroyed, etc
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Ebon Heart

I like that a lot! or if terrain gets destroyed, stuff like that.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

rubencolll

I would like to had the :

Don't read this if you haven't beated the game. 
Spoiler
The Nexus and like the final level, you need to charge it with creeper first
[close]

Ebon Heart

I think the loki need the ability to shoot some sort of dark beam... It says that the dark beams get their power from the same place the loki does.

ontheworld

Quote from: rubencolll on June 04, 2011, 07:34:22 PM
I would like to had the :

Don't read this if you haven't beated the game. 
Spoiler
The Nexus and like the final level, you need to charge it with creeper first
[close]

That is in, and I'm sure it's been mentioned real oftenly. Take note that virgil made CW2 with purely the editor

pixlepix

I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Ebon Heart

that's one option.... But I was looking more for the all destroying power of a dark beam. Make it destroy everything but creeper (that includes anti-creeper)

Sqaz

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 05, 2011, 10:19:46 AM
that's one option.... But I was looking more for the all destroying power of a dark beam. Make it destroy everything but creeper (that includes anti-creeper)

A super-compressed beam also directly destroys anti-creeper (as long as it's compressed enough and the Anti-Creeper isn't just as compressed but since you can go to a 2 billion density the Anti-creeper will melt like 4-health drones in front of a dark beam).
The problem are of course shields, as density doesn't matter there. But as you can't make the Dark Beam change direction it's impossible to built shields in the way if it's on from the start.

Ebon Heart

and it'll still take a while to destroy weapons as well.

Sqaz

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 05, 2011, 11:27:06 AM
and it'll still take a while to destroy weapons as well.

Actually, if you want something to act like the real DB you might aswell place a wall. Nothing gets through it, as with the Real Beam, maybe for the AC killing part coat it with some dense Creeper.
Might be somewhat thicker then, but acts exactly the same.

Katra

I think an underwater theme background would be nice.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Ranakastrasz

I would like to have an enemy unit like an an emitter or gateway, but is a field generator, and is essentially a dummy building. field events would be allowed to reference units, and if the corresponding structure is nullified, the field would toggle it's state. This could allow for some interesting things, Such as an emitter that emits an insane amount of creeper, but has fields holding it in place, and when the emmiter is nullified, the fields shut off, flooding the area. I think I would also like shields to take damage proportional to the amount of creeper adjacent to it, rather than just how many tiles, possibly using an exponential variable in the equation, or just what layer of creeper it is.